cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorry i simply had to

N/A

sorry i simply had to

i thought i would give my new crimbo toy a spin.
Not bad these xda's are they :-)
15 REPLIES
N/A

sorry i simply had to

erm 'scuse ignorance but what's one of them then?
N/A

sorry i simply had to

the O2 XDA2s is a phone/PDA/camera all in one.

A very handy bit of equipment if I say so myself.

Take a look http://www.my-xda.com/

Regards,
LiamM
Grafter

sorry i simply had to

I had the XDA IIs this year. Very nice as a PDA but after a couple of months I got fedup of using it as a phone so I got myself a Sony Ericsson K750i.
Community Veteran

sorry i simply had to

Treo 650 here, and loving it. Cheesy

Thomas
N/A

sorry i simply had to

ooooh nice want one, must get job first, being mum not bring much in lol
N/A

sorry i simply had to

Hmm,

Im not much for that Treo 650, but thats my own preference. I have just got this XDA fully functional with internet and emails etc on an orange PAYG. 300 free txt's and 600 evening calls to other orange customers for a £10 top up ( i also get to use the £10 ).
That to me seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Regards,
Community Veteran

sorry i simply had to

Treo 650 here, and loving it. Cheesy

Thomas

500 quid :shock: If I had that I think I'd spend it on a new laptop!
N/A

sorry i simply had to

500quid, what's that when it's at home? I know 500squid, seen 'em. Cor loads o' money can I have some plz? lol
Community Veteran

sorry i simply had to

a uncouth way of saying £500
N/A

sorry i simply had to

I know just moaning about my lack of it, one day will be able to get a PDA of some description so watch this space
Community Veteran

sorry i simply had to

Hmm,

Im not much for that Treo 650, but thats my own preference. I have just got this XDA fully functional with internet and emails etc on an orange PAYG. 300 free txt's and 600 evening calls to other orange customers for a £10 top up ( i also get to use the £10 ).
That to me seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Regards,

Mmm, yes, that is a good deal. Only thing to really watch out for is your GPRS usage - it can skyrocket if you're not careful, and is very expensive unless you take their £4 for 4MB deal (which is expensive in itself), you'll pay £3 IIRC for every 1MB you use - which, even through just browsing simple PDA-formatted pages, will be used very quickly.

Thomas
N/A

sorry i simply had to

Indeed.

I have run a test these evening, and for your average length email your looking at 12K.
Given the connection and downloading of the emails I would average about 50 - 100 emails easy per 1MB.
This should be sufficient for me so £4 every week :-p shold see me through just right. I have recently found out that when I credit my phone with the £10 I can then buy the 4mb GPRS out of the £10 thats as credit on my phone. So really everything is or at least seems to be getting better by the minute.

Last time I looked the XDA2s retailed for err £489 or something daft. So the treo 650 and the XDA are on the same level price wise, just not sure about functionality though?

Well this XDA does everything I currently want it to. First thing to save up for now is a nice 2 or perhaps 4 GB SD card to slot in :-p

Regards,
Community Veteran

sorry i simply had to

To be honest the Treo 650 is cheaper than that - £489 is the RRP; I got mine for £400 about three months ago. Feature-wise it's not in the same class as the XDA series - it has no wifi, not much RAM, etc. etc., but the difference is that it's more of a phone, whereas the XDAs are more of a PDA with a phone built in. At the end of the day that's what works best for me at uni - I just need a phone that allows me to write long memos easily and that kind of thing; the XDAs are more of a laptop replacement. Cheesy (I'd love to be able to take just a PDA rather than my iBook in to uni... alas, you can't get decent music composition software for PDAs. Sad )

Thomas
shellsong
Grafter

sorry i simply had to

I got my Treo 650 for Christmas as an upgrade phone with Orange for £259 and my son did the same deal 5 months earlier (but he's more of a geek than me! Wink )
He's got some free, open source software from http://www.sealiesoftware.com/pssh/ that enables him to ssh into his server so he can get that to do all the data intensive stuff and give it to him in straight text form.