cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solwise 110 routers supplied by force9

N/A

I signed up to force9 about 18 months ago, and took the option of a solwise 110 router. The router failed within the first 6 months and was replaced, now after 18 months it has failed again and i have had to purchase a new router because it is out of warranty.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Did you purchase the same router, I was going to suggest a DG834.
N/A

Mine never actually failed but it did crash now and again and it was pants for games which relied on peer to peer connections. ...so I bought a £25 Origo ASR-8000 from ebuyer and I have never looked back! It doesnt have an actual firewall as such, but as it only forwards packets when there is a rule for it the router is plenty good enough for my requirements.

Dan

p.s. I dont think they sell those routers any more...
N/A

quite interesting, mine hasn't failed but has lock ups on plenty of occassions.

I am thinking of going wireless..........when I can decide what router to get!
N/A

Go for the Netgear DG834G.

Absolutely superb bit of kit, and has recently replaced my Solwise 130 which had a few problems with dropping out on noisy lines.

Dead easy to set up in "idiot" mode, and very to customise the settings in "expert" mode.
N/A

Re: solwise 110 routers supplied by force9

I signed up to force9 about 18 months ago, and took the option of a solwise 110 router. The router failed within the first 6 months and was replaced, now after 18 months it has failed again and i have had to purchase a new router because it is out of warranty.

Hmmm. I would have tried the sale of goods act on F9 which says that an item must be fit for the purpose purchased and last a "reasonable amount of time". There is no defined timescale, hence "reasonable", but I think if the matter went to court they would say 2.5- 3 years would be reasonable (as it is with pc's), but you would only be entitled to a repair if it could not be contributed to fair wear and tear.

Problem is, a majority of people in the UK don't realise their rights and just aceept the fact. UK companies rely on the good old British "stiff upper lip" and the fact we don't like to complain too much, which is why we get fobbed off.