cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up php/mysql website on f9 server

N/A

setting up php/mysql website on f9 server

hi all

I have created a php/mysql website on my local pc for a friend which works fine but need to get it working on f9. I havent done a database driven site before so i need to know how to get it working remotely.

so i suppose my first question is where do upload my database to. I have found the .myd, .myi and .frm files locally, but is it a case of uploading them like an .html file to a folder on f9 via FTP to ccgi.force9.net? If not, how then do i do it?

Also, what will the host, username and password be in the include files which use this infoto connect to the db ( the same as my f9 account?)

Lastly, does f9 do all the mysql backups and database admin for the site?

Many thanks in advance

Mike
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: setting up php/mysql website on f9 server

so i suppose my first question is where do upload my database to. I have found the .myd, .myi and .frm files locally, but is it a case of uploading them like an .html file to a folder on f9 via FTP to ccgi.force9.net? If not, how then do i do it?

Nope. You would need to create a .sql file from the contents of the database, using the program mysqldump - more info. Once you save the mysql file, you'll need to go to http://portal.f9.net.uk/tools/phpmyadmin/ and login with the username and password provided when you activate the Database. You can then upload the SQL file using a form on that site.

Also, what will the host, username and password be in the include files which use this infoto connect to the db ( the same as my f9 account?)

Host will be rumpus or humbug. Username will be the same, password will be emailed when you activate the database.

Lastly, does f9 do all the mysql backups and database admin for the site?

No, you need to do that yourself.