cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reformat hard disc with ntfs file allocation

Brickinit
Grafter

reformat hard disc with ntfs file allocation

can anyone enlighten me on how to reformat a 20 gig.hard disk with a single partition. someone has attempted to install win xp on it but it locked out i have tried to format it using a win me start-up disc. it sees the drive but when you go to reformat c: it comes up with an error. any help would be appriciated
malc :confused:

ps. i don't have access to an xp start-up disc or cd-rom
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: reformat hard disc with ntfs file allocation

if you have a windows 2000 disk you might be able to use that as it also deals with nsfs

good luck

> can anyone enlighten me on how to reformat a 20 gig.hard disk with a single partition. someone has attempted to install win xp on it but it locked out i have tried to format it using a win me start-up disc. it sees the drive but when you go to reformat c: it comes up with an error. any help would be appriciated
> malc :confused:
>
> ps. i don't have access to an xp start-up disc or cd-rom

N/A

Use fdisk and select delete no dos partion(depending on the fdisk) delete all partion then create a new partion it sets a single partion by default, reboot and format.

>
> can anyone enlighten me on how to reformat a 20 gig.hard disk with a single partition. someone has attempted to install win xp on it but it locked out i have tried to format it using a win me start-up disc. it sees the drive but when you go to reformat c: it comes up with an error. any help would be appriciated
> malc :confused:
>
> ps. i don't have access to an xp start-up disc or cd-rom

Brickinit
Grafter

> Use fdisk and select delete no dos partion(depending on the fdisk) delete all partion then create a new partion it sets a single partion by default, reboot and format.
>
>
cheers Jan
spot on if i do enough of these i will remember these tips, but in the meantime i shall have to keep asking.what would we do without forums?
thanks again

malc