cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query

N/A

query

I logg in as cusick but I want it to be cusack as it was a mispelling when I first started on the computor. I have looked at mfq and other help but can't follow it. Is there any way to change. M. Roberts
2 REPLIES
N/A

query

Maggie: One option is to simply sign up for a new free (pay as you go) account registered as "cusack" and then use that.

If you pay money for your "cusick" account, you could wait until the subscription expires, and then "promote" your "cusack" account as the paid one, and demote the "cusick" account to a free one, at which point you'll probably have no further interest in it, and you can just let it "whither on the vine", as it were.

If your "cusick" account is an ADSL account, it's a liitle more complicated. You could still start a new account, "cusack", and use it straight away, but the problem would be getting "cusack" recognised as an ADSL account (without having to pay for a re-activation). I'd be inclined to try logging on with "cusack@f9.co.uk" in my ADSL settings, but with the expectation that it wouldn't work, and then use Contact us to find out what Force9 is prepared to do to help in these circumstances.

But the basic principle is that, even if you connect as "cusick" if you register "cusack" as an account name, you will be able to use it for email and so on. For what it's worth, this is my own experience -- I've now registered free accounts on the Force9 sister companies, PlusNet and Free-Online (where I'm known as "taskforce9"), and I can access these perfectly happily when connected to my "task" account on Force9.

PS: Are you a Hunter or a Gatherer? It'd be nice to have some female feedback on this, and if we see just one response from women, we'll pretend we don't know it was from you!
N/A

query

Maggie: One option is to simply sign up for a new free (pay as you go) account registered as "cusack" and then use that.

If you pay money for your "cusick" account, you could wait until the subscription expires, and then "promote" your "cusack" account as the paid one, and demote the "cusick" account to a free one, at which point you'll probably have no further interest in it, and you can just let it "whither on the vine", as it were.

If your "cusick" account is an ADSL account, it's a liitle more complicated. You could still start a new account, "cusack", and use it straight away, but the problem would be getting "cusack" recognised as an ADSL account (without having to pay for a re-activation). I'd be inclined to try logging on with "cusack@f9.co.uk" in my ADSL settings, but with the expectation that it wouldn't work, and then use Contact us to find out what Force9 is prepared to do to help in these circumstances.

But the basic principle is that, even if you connect as "cusick" if you register "cusack" as an account name, you will be able to use it for email and so on. For what it's worth, this is my own experience -- I've now registered free accounts on the Force9 sister companies, PlusNet and Free-Online (where I'm known as "taskforce9"), and I can access these perfectly happily when connected to my "task" account on Force9.

PS: Are you a Hunter or a Gatherer? It'd be nice to have some female feedback on this, and if we see just one response from women, we'll pretend we don't know it was from you!

Thank you very much for your help. Maggie