cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£35.00 to change hots

N/A

£35.00 to change hots

Your not going to believe this I am still trying to change my host. I paid the £35.00 for him to change the tags and dns servers which there was no mention of in his charges
He says he needs the new settings for DNS servers My new host says he is just being awkward and all he has to do is change the tags and put my site somewhere were they can see it and they then copy it They say this is the standard way of doing it
I am stuck in the middle as I dont know enought to argue with either side and my site has been parked for two weeks now. Anyone know any better
cheers
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: £35.00 to change hots

If it's a .co.uk domain, all your old provider has to do is change the IPS tag - that's it. Takes about 24hrs once the tag has changed and your new host takes control.

If it's a .com/.net, then you may have to advise them the new DNS server addresses and these can take anything from 3 to 10 days to move.

Craig
N/A

RE: £35.00 to change hots

> If it's a .co.uk domain, all your old provider has to do is change the IPS tag - that's it. Takes about 24hrs once the tag has changed and your new host takes control.
>
> If it's a .com/.net, then you may have to advise them the new DNS server addresses and these can take anything from 3 to 10 days to move.
>
> Craig

Hi Its a UK.CO address I repeat UK.CO
Cheers Pam