phpbb

is this forum using phpbb software
12 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

phpbb

yes

Moderator's note by Chris (fa55dsl): Duplicate removed.
Community Veteran

phpbb

But it's an old version of phpbb and heavily modified to be integrated into the portal.
Community Veteran

phpbb

It's version 2.0.4 according to the admin panel.

Chris
N/A

phpbb

im just wondering why the phpbb copyright info as gone..
LiamM
Grafter

phpbb

Funnily enought I thought that. I thought it was part of the License Agreement that it had to stay....
Community Veteran

phpbb

Nope, it's just requested and not a condition. See why is phpbb not credited?.
N/A

phpbb

Evidently Luke didn't get an update - 1 year and counting :lol:
LiamM
Grafter

phpbb

I agree with most of what was said. I think it deserves the credit.

They offer the software free of charge and make a simple request for some credit, and then you go and delete it. I personally don't see that as fair. Don't know what others think. There is no reason there couldn't be some credit to them at the bottom of each board page is there?
Community Veteran

phpbb

I agree in part, afterall @mail has cerit all over it (and isnt colour customised to the portal enough for my liking). But at the end of the day it is only a request and if they want people to do it they should make it a requirement. I dont know why they dont.

But yes phpbb is great and deservers some credit!
thetribe

phpbb

the full credit is actually still in the source and has just been commented out.

Yes in my opinion it should be there but as it isn't a requirement for using the software, only for requesting support for it, they're doing nothing illegal.
N/A

phpbb

i actullay know the guys over @ phpbb very well as i do alot of styles and own a few phpbb boards and i am talking to them about this, hopefully we can clear this up
thetribe

phpbb

No clearing up is required as has already been said:

From the Knowledge Base

The default version of phpBB made available by phpBB Group includes copyright notice in the footer of the default subSilver styles. This includes the version number and a link back to phpBB.com. There is some question over whether this notice can be required to be retained or duplicated in other styles. Therefore phpBB Group allow its alteration or removal. However be aware that removing the notice will result in the loss of support at www.phpbb.com and most if not all other phpBB support sites. This is explained in the Rules & Regulations: