cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phpBB2 help

N/A

phpBB2 help

Hi, I am fed up with having to endure ezboards ever increasing number of pop-up's and so wish to create my own forum. Recommended to me was phpBB2 as a free and easy to use program. I have enabled both cgi and MySQL but am stcuk with a couple of things on the installation screen. I've looked everywhere for the answer but seem to be going round in circles!

Can someone tell me the DNS and what version SQL free-online use? I have everything else just need them...will look around some more incase i missed it and will come back with the answer incase but if anyone does know i'd appreciate it...

Thanks
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: phpBB2 help

I found out that the server name WAS actually given in the email sent once SQL was setup (humbug) and tech support have since emailed me with the SQL version. It is 3.x for the purposes of phpBB.
My forum is now up and running smoothly if anyone wants to come and look! It is available at http://cgi.lizant.free-online.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php
where anyone with inventing ideas or questions can come along. I am chairman of The Round table of Inventors - a non-profit making organisation 'by inventors for inventors'. There is now also a general discussion area so it's not just for inventors! I hear the our webmaster plans to run frequent debates and polls relating to current affairs!

Thanks
Anyway,