cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phpBB email problem on ccgi

N/A

First off I need to confess that I just tarred up the cgi phpBB installation and dropped it onto the ccgi server then changed the permissions and reconfigured the domain name.

What I've found is that it all works fine except that emails aren't being received when a new member registers. I have the board set up so that registration is moderated so both admin and the new registrant should receive an email. I think that the new registrant received a mail but it doesn't seem to be consistent maybe due to running the same database from both the cgi and ccgi meantime. I checked on the old board and the email to admin does come from a valid account (the admin one on F9 in fact).

Does anyone have a clue as to why emails aren't getting sent to my F9 account?

<edit> I've noticed a few emails on this same topic in other threads, can anyone enlighten me as to what the situation is?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES
drtodd
Dabbler

I think there are a lot of people wanting to know what's happened to the CGI (or more accurately the _new_ CGI) emailing functionality...

Furthermore, I see F9's Service Status for CGI is green:

http://portal.f9.net.uk/supportpages.html?a=2

How is this possible when many people are reporting issues over CGI mail function? Have F9 acknowledged there is an issue or not?

Rgds,
dtodd
Marteknet
Grafter

Furthermore, I see F9's Service Status for CGI is green:

http://portal.f9.net.uk/supportpages.html?a=2

How is this possible when many people are reporting issues over CGI mail function? Have F9 acknowledged there is an issue or not?

I have asked this in the past and it works like this "everything is hunky-dory till someone in support get off their b** and confirms what loads of customers have been telling them for ages and ages. SUPER SYSTEM (not)".

I had this when my site was archived TWICE due to an error in the webspace usage report, it took days to sort out, ending with a reply you me saying there was an error in the routine, we will un-archive your site as soon as we can. I had been tell them that for days. They seem to treat customers like IDIOTS and their attitude is there isn't a fault till they see it themselves, so it must be something the customer did.