cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phpBB auto emails

N/A

phpBB auto emails

Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help me here but is there a restriction on the send mail function at force9?
My phpBB forum is meant to send out emails for registration (with a confirmation link etc) but it doesn't seem to. Everything else about the forum works and it seems to be all set up ok.
Cheers for any help Smiley
6 REPLIES
N/A

PHP Emails and FTP

Emails seem to work for me, but I don't know whether there is any size restriction on them.

I am having trouble with ftp. PHP seems to open a file via FTP but doesn't send any data, so the file has zero bytes. It takes over a minute to do this, so I wonder if it's timing out?

Kev.
N/A

phpBB auto emails

Is this since the chance to the new cgi server? The path (according to F9 documentation) should be /usr/sbin/sendmail

Not sure if that is any different as I don't use their space anymore, but it appears to be working on a friend's YaBB board. Can't help on anything else as I know nothing of PHP.

Regards

Mark
quelquod
Aspiring Pro

phpBB auto emails

I run a phpBB board on the ccgi server and the registration and other mails work ok.

This wasn't so a couple of months ago though, there was some sort of security trap which prevented sending mails to F9 accounts (although they were sent ok elsewhere). All ok now though.

See other info in this old thread http://portal.f9.net.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5336
Bob
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

phpBB auto emails

In genral configuration, "Enable Account Activation" has to be set to "User".

New registered user will then receive email, with a link to click. Only then account is activated, which will ensure, that new users provide proper e-mail address.

No problem running that on my phpBB2 boards

Robby
quelquod
Aspiring Pro

phpBB auto emails

I guess there could be a bit of confusion from the last 2 emails.

I think that what Robby is saying is you need to check your configuration to see if you've asked it to send emails (ie 'user' or 'admin').

What I was saying is that with the board set to 'admin' up to a couple of months or so ago it would not send an email. There were 2 different reasons at different times. At one time the 'sendmail' was hard to get. At another a security trap prevented sending emails to a F9 account. Both of these seem to be ok now as my board works as it says on the tin.

Bob
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

phpBB auto emails

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the mails.
Alls working now, it wasn't my config or anything at the client end as far as I can tell (I already admin 5 phpbb boards).
I just kept testing the board and evetually one of the auto emails made it though! Now it seems to be working fine. No idea what would cause the mails not to be sent the first few times, they don't seem to have been delayed, they just never sent.
Cheers
Nick