cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

php question

N/A

php question

I'm trying to upload a phpBB forum to force9 webspace. Does Force9 support php?
10 REPLIES
N/A

php question

Okay, It doesn't but is it possible to get it so it does?
N/A

php question

It certainly does support PHP!

But on the CGI server (crofters.force9.net), not on "homepages".

If you haven't already done so, you need to activate your CGI and MySQL usage from the tools on the Website settings page; then when the settings have taken effect, you can upload your phpBB software to "crofters.force9.net".

See Help Installing phpBB.
N/A

php question

I have already activated MySQL but there is a problem, what's the user name an pass for crofters.force9.net I tried putting in my user name (womersley) and password but it says invalid Sad
N/A

php question

Is this because I only just activated my CGI thing so I need to wait 4 days to get the e-mail with p-word in?!?!?!

Thanks.
N/A

php question

I posted a reply to the thread earlier but it appears not to have shown up.

When first activated, the password for your crofters will be the same as your main account for the first 100 days. After this your password will expire (supposedly for security reasons) and you will need to telnet into the server to change it. It will then auto expire every 100 days thereafter, a right pain in the a*se if you ask me.

Mark
N/A

php question

I don't recall that you do get an email for the CGI activation -- you certainly do for the MySQL one (where the password is completely different from your usual account password).

For the CGI machine, your username is your standard account username (womersley), and the password is initially set to the same as your account password. However, it is actually independent of that password, and you will be required to change it after a period of time (100 days, I believe). Changing the password on the CGI machine does not change your standard account password (or the MySQL database password, which is different again).
N/A

php question

It accepts my username but not my password for some reason, what's up? Sad
N/A

php question

When did you activate it? If it was very recently, it may not have been actioned yet. Otherwise, I don't know what the problem is, and wouldn't be too inclined to philosophise over it for any length of time -- just raise a Contact us ticket asking Support to set it to some known value.
N/A

php question

I activated it today so that might be the problem?
N/A

php question

Yes. It usually takes about 4 days to become active. You should also receive an email from CS to say it can be used.

Mark