cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overpriced services

N/A

overpriced services

hey guys, got a small question, why does the always on home account cost so much? i mean for always on 64k its costing about £100 a month, when adsl and cable is only £25 or less/month. and some people (like me) cant get adsl or cable in their area (thanks a lot bt!), but why should we have to pay £100/month for an always on 64k service?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: overpriced services

> hey guys, got a small question, why does the always on home account cost so much? i mean for always on 64k its costing about £100 a month, when adsl and cable is only £25 or less/month. and some people (like me) cant get adsl or cable in their area (thanks a lot bt!), but why should we have to pay £100/month for an always on 64k service?

Hi,

This is due to the relative costs of us providing the different services, one FRIACO port costs upwards of £85 wholesale therefore on a 1:1 contention service you can see where the price comes from. This is still significantly cheaper than a leased line. With ADSL the wholesale costs are a lot less per circuit hence the difference in price.

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------