cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook 2000 anonymous

Brickinit
Grafter

outlook 2000 anonymous

does anyone know if you can,whist e-mailing, make each person you are sending to just show as their name, not as their e-mail address? ei.mickey mouse and not mickeymouse@hotmail.com. i ask as i would rather not give everyones address in case friends i send to, forward on again to and so on until it gets to someone prepared to use the addresses for some undisirable spam

thanks

malc

:confused:
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: outlook 2000 anonymous

Simply send the message to everybody using "BCC:" (blind carbon copy) instead of "To:". This causes the SMTP server to send out one copy at a time to each recipient, minus the full list of recipients.

Thus, your recipients never see each others' email addresses, but it also means they never know who exactly received the email.

Works for me...
Brickinit
Grafter

RE: outlook 2000 anonymous

> Simply send the message to everybody using "BCC:" (blind carbon copy) instead of "To:". This causes the SMTP server to send out one copy at a time to each recipient, minus the full list of recipients.
>
> Thus, your recipients never see each others' email addresses, but it also means they never know who exactly received the email.
>
> Works for me...
thanks bern i'll give that a go,mostly it's sending to a group of friends so they know if i send to one it will go to all. just wanted to protect them if they forward them

malc