cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

networking -ADSL

N/A

networking -ADSL

Hi,
Can anyone help re linking two home computers to enable ADSL on both at present I have a Zoom dsl / usb modem running XP, my daughters computer running windows 98, I also have 2 Baystack 21 network cards and wiring which at present will not link up both computers ( software problems?)

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers !!
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: networking -ADSL

Firstly if you dont have a hub you must have a cross over cable or it wont work. So you need a hub if its a standard cable.

Next you need to install tcip on both pc. PC 1 should have a ip of 10.0.0.1 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 the second pc has an ip of 10.0.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0. both pc have there dns set to +nets dns or use 194.119.131.65. both pc should have file and print sharing enabled. That should take care of the pc talking to each other. You dont say which one has the modem so its hard to say but normaly you set the default gateway on the pc without the modem to the ip of the other pc.

XP does have wizards to set this up.
> Hi,
> Can anyone help re linking two home computers to enable ADSL on both at present I have a Zoom dsl / usb modem running XP, my daughters computer running windows 98, I also have 2 Baystack 21 network cards and wiring which at present will not link up both computers ( software problems?)
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> Cheers !!