cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

networking -ADSL

N/A

networking -ADSL

Hi,
Can anyone help re linking two home computers to enable ADSL on both at present I have a Zoom dsl / usb modem running XP, my daughters computer running windows 98, I also have 2 Baystack 21 network cards and wiring which at present will not link up both computers ( software problems?)

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers !!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: networking -ADSL

I am in a similar position. I have Xp, my son Win98
we are connected by 1mb co-ax wiring.
I shared my log-on connection. Then used ICS to set up the network. just follow the instruction on XP.
Next but floopy disc created by ICS into second computer.
I had problems here and ended up following 'New internet connection then choosing LAN, no proxy, no script. This work for me.

Peter
>

Hi,
> Can anyone help re linking two home computers to enable ADSL on both at present I have a Zoom dsl / usb modem running XP, my daughters computer running windows 98, I also have 2 Baystack 21 network cards and wiring which at present will not link up both computers ( software problems?)
>
> Any help would be appreciated
> Cheers !!

N/A

RE: networking -ADSL

When you set up ICS (whenever I have before anyway) the network adaptor on the pc with the sharing on will have its IP Address set to 192.168.0.1

The easiest thing to do is manually set the IP of the other PC to 192.168.0.2 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

See if you can 'Ping' one machine with the other one, if you can, try to connect to a website. If this doesn't work try to connect to a website by finding out the IP address and put this in the web address. If this works, you need to input your DNS server IP on the PC.

Are you using a crossover cable. if you do not have a hub and you are not using a crossover cable, it will not work !!

Hope this helps,

Bill