cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need website wizard

N/A

need website wizard

Ladies & Gents I need help once again ... (not the mental kind again)... so here goes:

I am in need of a button ... yes a simple web button! I am trying to create one in fireworks that is a single file (i am sure you can do this) that has the following link embedded in it

mailto:AnalysteRoomII_0_3992<euin17@eroom.dc.com>

If anyone can tell me how i get this (instert you own 4 letter expletive here) program to do this for me I would be eternally grateful.

Please help me ... otherwise i will be at work all night trying to sort this one poxy button out ... (btw it has to be in one file e.g. an animated gif etc... and cant be a simple html link as it has to be submitted to an eRoom)

Many thanks in advance
Chris Shaw
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: need website wizard

> I am in need of a button ... yes a simple web button! I am trying to create one in fireworks that is a single file (i am sure you can do this) that has the following link embedded in it

This sort of does it (at least it's all in one file!):

<html>
<head>
<title>E-mail eRoom</title>
</head>
<FORM ACTION="mailto:AnalysteRoomII_0_3992<euin17@eroom.dc.com>" METHOD=GET>
<INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="E-mail eRoom">
</FORM>
</body>
</html>

:B-):

Tim

N/A

Tim,

Thanks for the response... I finally gave up last night and went home before i got your post.

My problem is that i cant edit the HTML that goes into the page ? does this matter - i can only submit the file (as some sort of graphic) and that is it. As far as i was aware it was possible to create a gif that is active and allows the user to click to follow a link embedded in the button rather than the page that it sits on.

I know this is a little confusing but i hope you - or someone else can help me.

Thanks - Chris
N/A

Hi Chris,

> My problem is that i cant edit the HTML that goes into the page ? does this matter - i can only submit the file (as some sort of graphic) and that is it. As far as i was aware it was possible to create a gif that is active and allows the user to click to follow a link embedded in the button rather than the page that it sits on.
It really can only be just a single file can it?
I've been fiddling around and produced an animated gif that did the stuff but it was about 4 files - damn!

BTW - did the Access stuff help at all?

Cheers
Tim

N/A

It simply exports out of fireworks as html and gif. you insert the html into your file and away you go.

> Ladies & Gents I need help once again ... (not the mental kind again)... so here goes:
>
> I am in need of a button ... yes a simple web button! I am trying to create one in fireworks that is a single file (i am sure you can do this) that has the following link embedded in it
>
> mailto:AnalysteRoomII_0_3992<euin17@eroom.dc.com>
>
> If anyone can tell me how i get this (instert you own 4 letter expletive here) program to do this for me I would be eternally grateful.
>
> Please help me ... otherwise i will be at work all night trying to sort this one poxy button out ... (btw it has to be in one file e.g. an animated gif etc... and cant be a simple html link as it has to be submitted to an eRoom)
>
> Many thanks in advance
> Chris Shaw