Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mysql admin tool

N/A

mysql admin tool

Any suggestions?

I found a thread in this forum pointing at http://www.anse.de/mysqlfront/

but that tool is no longer available. I'm searching but I'd welcome any suggestions.

Ta
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: mysql admin tool

> Any suggestions?
>
> I found a thread in this forum pointing at http://www.anse.de/mysqlfront/
>
> but that tool is no longer available. I'm searching but I'd welcome any suggestions.
>
> Ta

MySQLFront was a great bit of software, it is still available from some mirrors, check out the forums at http://mysqlfront.venturemedia.de/ as they make mention of where you could get the last release. It's not perfect, there's a few annoying functions, such as not being able to have multiple queries to a server unless you connect more than once, but it's still one of the best MYSQL admin tools.

You may also want to check out mysqlcc from www.mysql.com It's still a work in progress but has some nice features (namely multiple queries & data views for a single server unlike mysqlfront). It doesn't however have good export tools like mysqlfront had.

Personally I run both of them as I can't make my mind up which is better. Although mysqlcc can only improve over time, whilst mysqlfront is stuck where it got to when the developer stopped working on it.
N/A

Thanks Al,

My main problem is that I have a dirty great big database on my pc (using PHPTriad) and I can't use the portal mysql tool to poulate more than one row at a time of my tables.

Also, if you can spare a min, would you mind taking a look at the problem I've raised in the main f9 forum and see if you can shed any light?

Thanks

Andy.
N/A

anyone know what parameters I need to put into the connection dialog? specifically the hostname/ip value?

N/A

> anyone know what parameters I need to put into the connection dialog? specifically the hostname/ip value?
>
>
Are you talking about connecting to your f9 db? In that case I found by trial and error that you need:

Hostname/IP: rumpus.plus.net
User: <Your username>
Password: <Your db password>
and also (if you're using mysqlfront) make sure that you enter in the database(s) field the name of you db as downloading the names of every users db (even though you don't have access to them) takes an age over dial up! And surprisingly you still can't drop tables via this route. I really don't know why Force9 can't set up permissions so that we can drop our own tables.

If you want to access a db on your local computer then simply set the hostname/IP to localhost or your machines network name or IP address. If you haven't configured any users for your local db then most likely the default user is named root with a blank password. Hope that helps.

N/A

Thanks again Al,

All sorted. php picture gallery almost ready to unleash on the world!
Gegzy

Excellent - I've been wondering how to remotely connect to my database using a manager for ages.

Cheers for the info !!!

-- Gegzy