cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more url request delays

N/A

more url request delays

Anybody else found problems since about 13:30 this afternoon:

Whilst I can still check my email at reasonable speed and play undemanding streaming media like BBC World Service, requests for URLs are ridiculously delayed, anything up to a minute for any response at all.

I’ve tried logging off and on again but it makes no difference. For a few minutes all is well then suddenly there’s no response to clicking on a link, even though the streaming remains unaffected.

It doesn’t ‘feel’ like a browser problem on my computer, but of course if no-one else is suffering the same problem in the same way it must be local to me…

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: more url request delays

Yes very slow. slightly better than 56k download times!!

> Anybody else found problems since about 13:30 this afternoon:
>
> Whilst I can still check my email at reasonable speed and play undemanding streaming media like BBC World Service, requests for URLs are ridiculously delayed, anything up to a minute for any response at all.
>
> I’ve tried logging off and on again but it makes no difference. For a few minutes all is well then suddenly there’s no response to clicking on a link, even though the streaming remains unaffected.
>
> It doesn’t ‘feel’ like a browser problem on my computer, but of course if no-one else is suffering the same problem in the same way it must be local to me…
>
>
>

N/A

WOW ! There's another FOL user out there - I didn't really expect an answer, these forums are just so dead (see my posting 19/8 in the General forum)...

What you describe however may not be the same as the problem I'm having - I still get stunningly fast downloads, ONCE STARTED, but the delay in servicing an http or ftp request is often very long.
So I s'pose it's something to do with how requests for IP addresses are being handled, rather than how much bandwidth is available.
N/A

I've just installed the PCI ADSL and am not having any problems other than the machine hanging when I close down - no delays in the URL loading, usually.

> WOW ! There's another FOL user out there - I didn't really expect an answer, these forums are just so dead (see my posting 19/8 in the General forum)...
>
> What you describe however may not be the same as the problem I'm having - I still get stunningly fast downloads, ONCE STARTED, but the delay in servicing an http or ftp request is often very long.
> So I s'pose it's something to do with how requests for IP addresses are being handled, rather than how much bandwidth is available.

N/A

> What you describe however may not be the same as the problem I'm having - I still get stunningly fast downloads, ONCE STARTED, but the delay in servicing an http or ftp request is often very long.

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything else seem quick enough, but try opening a web page and it grinds to a halt! Slower than when I had a 56K modem.

I've sent the technical support guys an email about it. Did they ever solve it for you?

--
--
Jedi

(for Childrens TV from the Past
visit www.jedisparadise.co.uk)
N/A

Yep, same here, click a link then go and make a cup of tea, if ur lucky it'll be on screen when u get back, come on FOL a reply would be nice.

I'm usin the adsl usb modem provided by the BT engineer, (which I am yet to find a reliable XP upgraded driver)

amd 2000+ processor
512mb ddr memory
geforce 4 graphics

so I doubt it's my pc specs. maybe it's XP, but I doubt it, as others seem to be using 98SE.

Maybe the tumble weed will reply as it passes in the barren wasteland that is FOL forums.