cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate to f9 ,, but dont expect it to work?

doomreaper
Grafter

Hello , i did a migration of my BB from AOL, on the 19th AOL cut my service , but i couldnt get onto F9,, i was told the migration hadnt gone through, AOL said it had , (i shall now sumerise the large amount of phone calls) , AOL yes it had ,F9 no it hasnt or it may have but BT may not have completed. Iyou may need to pay for a NEW connection ,, ok it HAS gone through you can log in now - oh no i cant it says my name /passowrd arnt recognised! , ok do this and try in 20mins if not call back ,, calls back , ok try again in a hour , trys again in 2 hours - nope , ok try again in the morning , nope , ok call back in a hour ,, calls back in 2hours - try again in the morning! , calls back in morning - theers a fault - ok so whats happening - theres a fault! ok trys NEXT day - still no way , so whats happening? - theers a fault its in teh f9 domain setup , so any news when i can conn3ect - no thers afault on your domain setup ! ,,
ok , so i am not exactly being told anything here i guessed from the help pages taht with the tests i did there is a 'fault' in the f9 setup area of my account , but why has it taken three days to only get this far , why do i get no info on what is actually happening and why is my direct debit being processed when i still have no access UNLESS i kidnap my wifes seperate BB line?
hey i can connect using lunix protocols BUT cant browse the web or anythign , but still cannot conect with proper windows system .. yes F9 i know you say thers a fault in the f9 setup area and your investigating BUT 3 DAYS ?? really . tell me somethign new - or better still tell me how and when it will be fixed.
i have made so many 0845 calls to you and am haveing tro use aa 0845 dial up connection to continue my disertation research for uni i hate to think what my phone bill is going to be - that really rubs salt into the wound.
surely someone knows how to set my account to work in BB or knows how to fix the fault,!
i guess this is a complaint but it is a complaint about the lack of info and teh way i have been feelign fobbed around the last few days..
39 REPLIES
N/A

Hello Replying to your woes!!

Hello,

I was very sorry to hear your rather poor experience and you do have my entire sympathy regarding the events you've described. I was trying to follow what you were saying, surely if you currently have broadband its not your connection or phoneline or your BT account that is migrated in this senario. Its your AOL account details and your domain name (.i.e. domainname.co.uk etc). As I understand it to move (import or migrate a domain name from one ISP to another ISP, its who holds the domain name tag which is of critical importance?).

I would have thought your F9 username & password and your F9 account configuration would have been less critical but it sounds like there has been some sort of problem with your F9 account and possibly importing or setting up the domain name again on this new account. But either way if there is a problem F9 should have let you know, I do think its poor show that you've had to badger and chase things (but I understand that sometimes one has to badger and conjole others too get some action or resolution) I hope you manage to get this sorted out as soon as possible to your satisfaction.

Best Regards Ivan
doomreaper
Grafter

Still no broadband connection for me ,,,,,,,,,
by domain - as i understand it from the guy on the end of the phone, he means either f9 or force9 or plusnet .... that domain .. belive me im more lost now than i was ,, two techies said that the problems was within f9 area and would be sorted ,, then suddenly no ,, bt is involved , but no explanation as to what , im told i can connect - so when i cant and i call im made to feel like its my fault.
to add salt billing has been triggered so now im paying for a connection i do not have ,, yet they say they cant stop collection of money !! me is beginning to wonder HOW american f9 has become.
i remember a old songf '4 wheels on my wagon' well f9 are donw to 1 wheel. when thats gone im off .
N/A

Hello Again!

Hello once agin,

Look I'm really sorry to hear your still having such a difficult time getting your broadband sorted out. Yes! if your newish to broadband the technical stuff can get quite confusing, its true (you have my sympathy here! we all have to start from some level of understanding these things).

As far as I can understand there are two seperate issues/problems going on here, 1) there seems to be a problem setting up your new F9 user account, why this is the case I dont know. I've always found that if an F9 account doesnt work or configure as it should it simple, one deletes this problematic account and starts with a fresh slate. i.e. you set-up a brand new account from fresh, this usually works and things get sorted out.

2) There seems to be a second problem related to your previous AOL broadband account and the domain name which was or still is? associated with it. Once again Force9 or plusnet should be able to talk directly with AOL or the holder of your domain TAG and this should be able to be transferred into (imported) to force9 and associated with your new F9 account. Why? this isnt happening I dont know?

3) Where BT gets involved I havent a cue?

I would get on the phone again to force9 support and get the technical support person to explain each problem to you, Yes! even write it down on paper if you have too. Or raise a support ticket if you have any form of web access so that force9 explain the problem/s in black and white.

I'm so sorry your having such a difficult start with this, if you feel that I can offer you any further help then do contact me again and let me know what I can do.
As a long standing and experienced user if you would like me to talk to F9 I'd be willing to do that if you feel it might be helpful in getting a resolution? Let me know.

Ivan Shocked
N/A

I notice support are conspicuous by their absence on this thread. I suppose it is the holiday season though :!:

Mark
doomreaper
Grafter

well im lost , i have asked repeatedly for an explanation as to what is happening - i still havnt had one . My guess is now that they just dont know. what i do know is i geta email saying my BB access and account are up and that billing has started the direct debit and i have NO access to my own account except by piggybacking now on my wifes BB account!
Two guys at F9 have asked me to run a series of test - both then said the problem is within F9 . so why now they are saying we have to wait to hear from bt beats me ! what i do knwo is im very much thinking of cancelling the direct debit - asking (under the direct debit manadte ) for a full refund and cancelling f9's bb all together . I hate to say it guys but aol beat you on tech support and i thought they were bad - but this is ludicrus to teh extreem!
N/A

Unfortunately Sad , Customer Services don't often read posts in General Discussion boards, you should have raised this in Force 9 Discussion / Customer Feedback instead.

I have left a note there for you (Thread CS might like to read...) suggesting they come and read this thread.
Smiley
N/A

Replying Again

Hello Once Again,

Yes! I have to agree with you, from what you've told me so far that this is extremely poor and that some clear explanation should have been forth coming from force9 as to what the exact nature of the problem is or was. And how long it would take to get this sorted out. I have been a long stand F9 user and since I have moved from K56 dialup to ADSL I have had an extremely high quality of service and only minor gliches technically. I'm sad for you because F9 BB is extremely good once your service is sorted out and working. I think you have been very very unlucky, to have been on the receiving end of such poor quality CS. Much of this kind of problem is probably down to poor communications and a lack of explanation from the F9 CS agents involved.

**OK! so F9 have admitted there "IS" a problem at there end of things but they should have explained the issues and how long it would take to resolve.

**F9 should also have explained why BT is involved and what they would do to sort things out.

**I understand how you feel and I think you would be completely justified in closing your account and DD if you feel that your not getting the CS and BB service you rightly deserve. F9 have to deliver on there promises not just pay lip service to customer support and F9 support staff have to improve the commications with users to explain things clearly and carefully so users are kept informed at all times. It sounds like this communication process has in this case fallen apart somehow.

I wish you well and hope you get things sorted out ASAP to your complete satisfaction. And COME ON F9 SUPPORT YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!!!! (if this thread is actually read by F9, otherwise you are going to loose this customer/user)

Ivan Cool
N/A

Unfortunately Sad , Customer Services don't often read posts in General Discussion boards

Quite the opposite in fact. A lot of posts replies in the general group are from CS. Unfortunately the replies are in "fits and starts", and as I said earlier, with it being holiday season, maybe the regular contributors are away!

Mark
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

From the looks of things the migration request was either never accepted by AOL or their response never got back to BT Wholesale. Therefore the migration hasn't happened yet and we've reissued it with BT Wholesale.

You can confirm this by trying the following

bt_test_user@f9.co.uk

you should find that this doesn't work, if you swap f9.co.uk for whatever came after the @ symbol in your AOL username you should find that this does work meaning that AOL still have ownership of the circuit. If they do you may be able to ask them to reactivate your account with them until the migration completes.
doomreaper
Grafter

thank you - what you say makes sense.
its just a pity that on two occasions i have been told the test indicated a internal to F9 problem, never mind i have again contacted AOL and am of course getting nowhere Sad - somehow i think my screen name was aptly choosen! still at least at the present i can gain access to my emails so i can get on with contacting people regarding my university disertation., thats the most importamnt thing at the moment.
i shall email teh directpor of AOL and ask if he cares to look into why AOL seem to messing my migration up and nearly casueing havoc with my studies , which have been vital in my battle to recovery after a ten year illness.
doomreaper
Grafter

just a note befor anyone comes up with the normal comments yes i am dyslexic and no i dont care Smiley
N/A

Screen Name

Hello,

Finally glad to hear that some reasonable explaination has been put forwards by Force9, and Yes! I'm not at all suprised by AOL's behaviour. I had a good friend who started off internet access with AOL and had a horrible experience with them and their internet software was a sheer nightmare as it wasnt compatible with other ISP's at that time, it was also horrendiously expensive too at that time. He was paying for an expensive AOL account, and also paying for high per minute phone charges ontop. He moved from AOL after I proved to him that other ISP's offer a better deal.

**The moral of the story may well be, be very careful what screen name / username you give yourself?? as you say yourself perhaps the name is somewhat ironic!!!

**I wouldnt expect much sympathy from AOL at this point though.

Ivan :lol:
doomreaper
Grafter

[Support Wizard Journey]
[Provisioning]
[Migration Query]
[Additional Information]
ok i spoke to a support person today _ nigel , and was told i could expect migration to complete in around 21days and to contact aol again ,, this i have done and this is so i can keep you upto speed as much as myself.
Fiona (head office) is looking into this and is contacting BT herself to find out why a migration request from Force9 has never gone through to AOL.
She will call me back later today to let me know what she finds out and i will then post it so you can see. I hope all will be as interested as i am to get this sorted as the possability of no BB access for a total of up to 47 days will not be very good news .
Nigel Colling Open
2004-07-30
13:26:37 Comment By: link:CSA Removed
P&F - DSL Provisioning Assigned. Assigned
2004-07-30
13:29:16 Comment By: link:CSA Removed
P&F - DSL Provisioning Escalating to Migrations.
Regards,
link:CSA Removed Assigned
2004-07-30
17:59:41 Comment By: You
Fiona Fallon
AOL Member Resolutions
Has got back to me and states after contacting BT that they have ( BT) no record of Force9 contacting them regarding a migration for me ......... now im angry ,, something isnt right here and im the one who has been charged the migration fee and also a months BB subscription and still has no BB access.
I would guess you at force9 are as fed up with this as i am. Personally i would like a resolution to this by Monday, I have been patient belive it or not and i no longer wish to spend lots of time at my cost phoneing various people up to be told it has/is/should happen. I appriciate the effort your customer services are putting into this but to me as a customer it hasnt got me anywhere has it.
Assigned
2004-07-30
18:17:52 Comment By: link:CSA Removed
Customer Support Centre .:INTERNAL:.
Please see above comments and extensive ticket history relating to migration. To summarise: Migration request initially issued that AOL confirmed as completed aroung the 20th. At this time a connection attempt was detected by our Radius server and account was subsequently activated which suggests that some SSB work had been done by BTHuh Customer called. Has sync but no connection and we advsd Migration request needed reissuing (even though Radius shows connection attempts?). Request issued. AOL now claim there was never a request issued to BTM by us. I have told customer this is unlikely. 10 day window is about to close following reissue of Migration request. Customer is being informed by us 'Migration still in progress'. Now we can only accept migrations using MAC codes, where do we stand! Please call customer on Monday after investigating.
Regards,
link:CSA Removed. Assigned
2004-08-02
18:13:30 Comment By: link:CSA Removed
P&F - DSL Provisioning Need to contact BT Migrations on this. Assigned
2004-08-02
18:13:46 Comment By: link:CSA Removed
P&F - DSL Provisioning The request was reissued 30th July so it was able to be included in the last run of migration requests under the old system.

i did not recieve a phone call from anyone, AND as teh tech team i am told leave the building at 6pm , i have no way to speak to teh peole who weree supposed to call me . To me this looks very much like someoen at force9 has been very neglagent in theer role and has never submitted the proper request to BT, if they had why is a request beign submitted yet again on the 30th July ?? this means more tiem without internet access FOR WHICH I WAS BILLED AND PAYMENT TAKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am now demanding teh contact name and address for the managing director regarding this issue.

Force9 , sorry to date your service and your support have been dismal to say teh very least.

comments ??

extra - one thing i would like is for a refund of my subcription asap as being charged for what i dont have smarts, that would go a little way to makeing this stuation not seem so bad.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not include the names of Force9 Customer Support Reps in posts in the forum.]
N/A

[i did not recieve a phone call from anyone, AND as teh tech team i am told leave the building at 6pm , i have no way to speak to teh peole who weree supposed to call me . To me this looks very much like someoen at force9 has been very neglagent in theer role and has never submitted the proper request to BT, if they had why is a request beign submitted yet again on the 30th July ?? this means more tiem without internet access FOR WHICH I WAS BILLED AND PAYMENT TAKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am now demanding teh contact name and address for the managing director regarding this issue.

I would suspect the address for contacting the MD, or the person in charge of CS Reps would be the following (although I'm sure Dave or someone will see this eventually)

Force9
Technology Building,
Terry Street,
Sheffield,
S9 2BU,
UK