Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

method POST is not allowed - need help!

N/A

Hello all!

I have the following problem on a basic php form I have used:

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /sendemail.php.

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.dawsondesign.com Port 80

This error is on the following site:

www.dawsondesign.com/contact.htm and the form is on the "click here" link at the bottom of the page.

I have used the same form (with minor changes) on a few other sites with no problems. The other sites that I have used it on are not with Force 9, if that means anything!

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance
8 REPLIES
N/A

You are trying to use PHP on ftp.force9.net, which doesn't work; You will need to host php on the CGI Platform, cgi.force9.net (cgi.username.force9.co.uk).

Although the page is displaying, if you "View Source" you will see the PHP is not being interpreted.
N/A

Thanks for the quick response!

How do I upload to the CGI section of our webspace? I have activated the account to allow CGI. The username we use to upload to the webspace is different to the ftp.force9.net that you spoke about so I'm not sure where the cgi.force9.net part comes in.

I have probably got the wrong end of the stick but this is one of my first dabbles into the world of CGI and PHP so all advice and help is greatly appreciated.
N/A

You should get an email with details about the CGI Platform whne you activate it, it takes about 10 - 15 mins I beleive.

PHP scripts can only run on the CGI platform, that is, cgi.force9.net. To access this through the web, you would use cgi.username.force9.co.uk, although if your domain is hosted on Force9, you can get cgi.domainname.ext to point there as well. This means you can then use PHP scripts etc.
N/A

Thanks for this...

I havent received the email that you mentioned, even though the CGI has been activated for some time now. I have sent a request to Tech support and will see what I can do from here.

Much appreciated and I will let you know the outcome!
N/A

Quick update...

I raised a ticket before I made the previous post and haven't heard anything back yet!

I hope I can get this resolved ASAP
N/A

Did you see the Service Status message yesterday about Ticket Times etc? The CSC are currently experieincing a high volume of tickets and calls so there may be some delays.
N/A

no I missed it, but thanks for letting me know. I figured that they were extemely busy. Smiley
N/A

I have now got access to the CGI side of my site. But I don't know what to do now. I have uploaded the two php files to the new space and linked to them from the HTML side. However, it doesn't appear to link at all now. I have checked the tutorials but couldn't find anything to help.

Could you please give me some brief instructions on what I am supposeed to do now?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.