cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailboxes

N/A

mailboxes

I am new to this server and I seem to have set up a new mailbox ok but cannot get into it.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: mailboxesReply Ivan

> I am new to this server and I seem to have set up a new mailbox ok but cannot get into it.

Hi margaret,
Do you know the email address of your new email box?
if you do then it should be possible to test this new emailbox & its address by sending yourself an email to this address. If you receive it all good and well, if not then you would have to investigate further or send a ticket to support at F9.

Ivan
ivan@cyteck.co.uk

--
N/A

RE: mailboxesReply Ivan

If by not getting into it you mean connecting to it via the portal or by pop3 remember the user name will be your account name + the mail box name

So for example if I set up a bigal mailbox under my username (alphasigma) I would log in using: alphasigma+bigal
as the username via pop3 or using the webmail service using whatever password I set.

I remember having a similar problem about 3/1/2 years ago when I got my account here as the support pages never seemed to mention what user name to use apart from for the postmaster account.
N/A

RE: mailboxes

Hi Margaret,

I have tested your new mailbox and it works fine. Remember to use mlovell+marg and your password for this mailbox is in uppercase. If you have any further problems then please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards

Luke Horwath

Force9 Support