cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mIRC problems.

N/A

mIRC problems.

Hi

Can anyone else using F9 dcc chat/send when using mIRC ?

It used to be fine with dial-up but since changing to broadband wont work!

I have gone thou many help files on the problems associated with ADSL and mIRC but still no luck.

Regards
4 REPLIES
N/A

mIRC Replying Ivan

Hello thestottfamily,

What comes to mind is, I just wonder if for either security or anti virus reasons F9 has blocked or closed ports on their network that mIRC uses?? It might be worth openning a contact us ticket to ask that very question, or may be the answer might be on the portals help pages or FAQ's?

Ivan
Community Veteran

mIRC problems.

If you've changed from dial-up to xDSL the chances are it is your xDSL router blocking the connections when you are trying to start any DCC connections.
You can tell mIRC to use a specific port range, and you can probably tell your router to send any connections to those ports to a specific PC at home.

If you need more help just yell and I'll try to walk you through it.
Andrew D Wiles
adw@jara23.co.uk
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
N/A

mIRC problems.

HELP

Hi
I've worked thou a few FAQ about DCC send not working etc but have given up!

I have PHP/mySQL running on my home machine so I would say not a beginner yet this has stumped me big time.

Any help would be appreicated.

I have a Belkin Router/Modem

Regards
N/A

mIRC problems.

Mirc uses a range of ports to send/recieve dcc requests. Within mirc, you can set this port range, and then open your firewall to use these ports. By default it uses 6667-6669 but you can configure 5000-5005 for example.

You need to do 2 things on your router:

1. Open up the ports on your firewall to allow that traffic to pass through, that is port 5000-5005.

2. set up a NAT rule to forward these ports to your internal address.