cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping inbox items in webmail?

N/A

I log into my webmail (from work) and read my email, if I then go home and use Outlook to pickup my mail it receives the same items (which is fine), but then it deletes them from my webmail inbox.

Is there anyway to keep these items in my webmail inbox? So essentially my webmail and outlook inbox are in step. Also can I re-download all my inbox items in webmail?
4 REPLIES
N/A

There are two ways to do this.

1: Switch from POP3 collection in your mail client, to IMAP.

This will keep the two mailboxes in sync. You delete from one, the other will syncronise as such.

2: Check your account setting of your mail client in windows. There will be a setting to prevent it from deleting the mail from the server.

Note. You should allways delete them after a while. To leave them on the server is wasting space on the mail server.

+net have every right to delete collected mail after so many days. The the T&Cs of your account.
N/A

The difference between the two is that with webmail you are logging into the mail server and reading mails from there direct. Unless you delete them they will remain on the server.

With outlook express you are logging into the same server but it copies them off the server to your local pc/inbox - hence why they disappear the next time you view webmail.

Not sure a way round this other than not using outlook and sticking with webmail - but then you may end up with exceeding the limit depending on what it is and how many mails you get. As far as I know there isn't an option on outlook to copy and not move emails from a server :?:
N/A

You don't need to change the server to IMAP. In Outlook and Outlook Express there is an option to leave a copy on the server.

If you go to Tools -> Accounts -> Properties for your email -> Advanced, it should be on the bottom. You will only find it on POP accounts.
N/A

Notice option two in my reply above.