cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

june elections - waste of time ?

N/A

Lets face it - there are virtually no politicians that we can trust.

But if I don't vote, then I go down as one of the disinterested millions.

The Tories will blame Labour for the low turn out. Labour will say its a good turn out ! If the Tories were in power, it would be the same thing only the other way round.

I know that "none of the above" schemes have been proposed and argued over before, but for a slightly different twist take a look here:

http://www.novote.org.uk

It just seems like a good idea that might get them to sit up and listen.
8 REPLIES
N/A

if any one of the parties manifestoes has " We will lay fiber to every home in the country" they will gey my vote.. if not.. then pfft who cares

^_^

buz
N/A

It may be in a manifesto, doesn't mean you'll get it though. That's the point.

Better NHS
Lower taxes
Better transport system
Halt manufacturing decline
Reduction in crime
Open & truthful government

The list goes on, and on, and on ......
N/A

that's exactly the point - will it really be any different when the other side get in. Almost certainly not. So tell your friends and family, maybe this is a way to make them all sit up and listen. It's worth a try.
phillight
Grafter

if any one of the parties manifestoes has " We will lay fiber to every home in the country" they will gey my vote.. if not.. then pfft who cares

They've got manifestos? I thought they were all too busy slagging each other off to actually think about them - it certainly seems that way from all the junk I've had through my letterbox.

Phil
N/A

and I'm sure I heard on the news yesterday that they have some sort of agreement not to announce policies during a campaign -

Well I'm sure that's what people really want Wink
tiddles
Grafter

I am afraid that apathy will rule the day.
N/A

They want to be able to say that 68% of the population doesn't care - but it's the fault of the politicians if we dont turn out to vote.

Whether you vote or not this is still a good idea - if none of them are up to the standard we should expect then we should tell them - it's the price of a stamp!

Pass the word to friends and family.

I think this is going to be in the national press within the next couple of days.
N/A

Tiddles:

I like the avatar. Doesn't quite look like the cuddly little tiddles I know, more like a Russian Mafia "hit cat".