cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jumped ship ... LOVE IT GREAT

N/A

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I moved my home account to another provider, who is on the IP Stream ... Its similar what PN were 2-3 years ago.
No traffic shaping, lightning speeds and the rest.
Oh boy, was that the best thing i ever did?
YES Cheesy Cheesy
Do I regret it?
NO Cheesy Cheesy
pm me if further info needed
8 REPLIES
N/A

Moved to a more appropriate part of the forums.
N/A

its amazing the difference isnt it Cheesy

What I find amazing is that the PN staff dont leave (as well as their customers) to a better company , If I was them I would be really worried about having plusnet on my CV.
Community Veteran

Why would anyone be worried about having PlusNet on your CV? I think most employers are interested in the skills you have gained at your employers rather than just the name of the company, and in any case if your in certain sectors of industry PlusNet is a good name to have on it. I'm proud to have PlusNet on my CV, similarly I've also worked for BT which looks good as well.

Chris
N/A

Why would anyone be worried about having PlusNet on your CV?

:roll:
N/A

Had 7 , yes SEVEN pm's asking which isp i moved to.
Need i say more. Do not get me wrong.
Plus.net were the BEST ISP about 5-6 years ago and gradualy things went downhill.
It's your money, do whatever you like.
The moment PN put their house in order I will be back.
The new isp answered the phone within 2-3 minutes, that was the support line.
Sales answered within the second ring.
N/A

Rebeldog,
Firstly I am migrating on Friday so I'm not PlusNets biggest fan :lol: .
I don't see it as detrimental to your C.V to say you have worked for them though.
I used to work for Time Computers during the late 90's early 2k boom time when it was nicknamed 'Sarajevo' by some of us in the tech call centre.
That said, prospective employers who have any sense can see that you have worked in a very tough environment, and if you have internal promotions etc on record, it will look impressive.
N/A

Good points , yup if you were seen to be trying your best when all else was failing around you then I guess it might be a good thing.
I could have however see some interesting questions if for example the guy looking at your CV was a plusnet or ex plusnet customer.
N/A

Move to BT

Plusnet good ISP no complaints over last 3 years. However will not stay with ISP owned by BT. Going to Zen.