cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job websites

Community Veteran

job websites

I've decided it's time to get off my backside and look for another job as mine sucks and someone is leaving meaning I'll be doing most of thier job too which is worse than mine.

Can anyone recommend any websites?

So far I'm looking at reed.co.uk, jobserve.co.uk, jobsite.co.uk, fish4.jobs.co.uk and monster.co.uk

I remember when I was last looking for jobs there where a couple more, but I don't know which ones are popular these days.

Any recommendations?

Chris
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

job websites

www.cwjobs.co.uk
www.theitjobboard.com

You will find a lot of the same jobs posted on multiple websites as Agencies do this frequently.

Use the jobs by email facility by puting in your search criteria and getting frequent email lists that match, but also majke sure you also do manual searches on the sites as the email list is limited to 40 or 50 jobs/email so will not contain all matches.

Also check out company websites as >50% are never advertised through agencies and many companies don't use the job websites. The bigger the company, the more likely they will have their own career search section.

The IT industry jobs have increased in recent months so hopefully you will find what your looking for. Good Luck.

Good luck.
N/A

job websites

www.inretail.co.uk
www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk

and www.londonjobs.co.uk is good for anyone in or commute distance from the south east
Community Veteran

job websites

Thanks for the links. I'll check them out tonight.

Chris
N/A

job websites

Apparently PlusNet have a few going spare Wink
chino
Grafter

job websites

Apparently PlusNet have a few going spare

Cheesy

cUnDaLl
Community Veteran

job websites

lol,
no thanks. Been there, done that, got the tshirt... i mean mug Smiley

Chris
rhosybol
Grafter

job websites

Community Veteran

job websites

I'm not a doctor (unfortunatly) or a graduate, but cheers anyway.
rhosybol
Grafter

job websites

doctorjob.com is the name of the site, there are various typs of jobs on there, not just jobs for doctors.

Have you tried your local papers website by any chance.
N/A

job websites

Self employment may be the way to go. There's plenty of work for computer repair people these days and they can demand quite a high hourly rate. An ad in the yellow pages is all that is needed to get started.

Your skills may lay elsewhere though.................If I had to work for somebody again I think I would lose the will to live!
Community Veteran

job websites

Self employment is actually something I already do doing a few PC repairs / consulations and my ebay business can be quite profitable but with a mortgage and 2 kids to support its not something I want to jump head first into full time. But yeah working for other people generally sucks.

Chris
N/A

job websites

bbc.co.uk/jobs
N/A

job websites

hiya...

this is a good site

http://www.worktrain.gov.uk/

if u also go to the bit at the right were it says employment.. it directs you to a link of a lot of jobsites so you can do your searching from there....

good luck!