cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a good deal?

nogginthenog
Grafter

is this a good deal?

Redten Internet is the UK ’s only broadband service to come complete with a free PC. Not just any PC, but a Pentium 4 PC with 19” LG LCD worth over £500. And our broadband is pretty damn good too. Powered by BT Wholesale, it not only offers unlimited downloads at speeds of up to 8Mb, but will be upgraded free of charge to 24Mb when BT upgrades its local exchanges in April 2007.

And the cost? Just £19.99 per month.
At less than the average cost of 8Mb broadband, it’s a no-brainer!

Sign up today and enter the promo code MERRYXMAS and we’ll also throw in three years’ F-Secure Internet Security 2007 – worth over £100!

never heard fo them before? but remember saying that about plusnet 5 years ago,out of the proverbial frying pan?!
comments most welcomed :lol: 3 years!!!!!!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

is this a good deal?

Looks too good to be true so it probably has a massive catch somewhere?
Remember that the old saying of "You only get what you pay for" always holds true.
I would be very suspicious of the "Unlimited" claim as even the older and most repected ISP's are now finding it necessary to apply some form of limits. Either in the form of SUP packages or traffic shaping.

I would have to let them exist for a while and prove they are viable before I jumped in.
N/A

is this a good deal?

thought i would stop posting, but i cant help but offer a bit of advice.

I contacted these people, asked for a forum they know of, for current customers....they didnt have one!

Also, the free pc deal, you are signing up to a finance deal, if the company goes bust, or something happens to cease your internet, you are still liable for the full amount of the computer. If the contract is broken by EITHER side, ie their fault or yours, you are still liable for the full amount of the pc

And of course the most obvious, is that your signing up to 3 years.....if you dont like it, or their service sucks! TOUGH..you still have to stay. Dont even re-visit the page again mate
nogginthenog
Grafter

catch found!

1 its a three year contract
2 watford electronics
3 a free pc hang on its lucky goldstar
4 not track record or ratings as an isp

me thinks its a shite deal?
Community Veteran

is this a good deal?

Actualy the LG 19" LCD Moniter is quite good. I have 2 of them in use, the L1915S model. They are very well priced as well. Less than £150 now from www.scan.co.uk.