Can ya use ipods with pcs as i know there made by apple

Thanks
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

i pods

yes.
N/A

i pods

As Peter said, the most recent (Gen. 3) ones work for both Windows and Mac. I think the original Gen. 1 iPods were specifically formatted for either Windows or Mac.
Community Veteran

i pods

The original iPods were Mac only, IIRC. But it was a while ago that they made them available for PCs as well.

Thomas
N/A

i pods

are ipods just mp3 format or are the both wma and mp3. Cause u need 2 buy a converter if its only mp3 format. I have had this trouble we those small mp3 players but there not good enough.
N/A

i pods

iPod's support MP3 and AAC (MPEG4) but not WMA. (Well, officially at least.)

You don't really want to convert from WMA to MP3. Switching from one lossy format to another is likely to sound really bad. You'd be much better ripping from the original CD again. As an added bonus, iTunes is much nicer than Windows Media Player...

--> Stephen
N/A

i pods

The new Ipods do work with windows but iTunes does not work with Win98 or 95. Or so I have been led to believe. Id go for one of the new Creative Muvo HardDrive MP3 Players personally.
N/A

i pods

How long does an iPod battery tend to last for? Someone told me recently that they don't normally last to long :!:
N/A

i pods

The Tech specs don't say much.

So expect a free replacment under warentee.
N/A

i pods

Technically I believe around 500 cycles (one cycle is fully charging then fully discharging). There was a big campaign on the internet a while ago saying that "the batteries only last 18 months and you have to buy a new iPod after that". That's only true if you went through 1 cycle / day - something which most people don't. And now, as acarr says, Apple replace the battery free of charge (they even pick it up from your house via UPS).
N/A

i pods

I [removed] well hope so. The battery life is not the greatest as it is.

My minidisk player quoted 10 hours from a fully charged battery and with a AA spare attached via the adapter. Without it, it quoted 8 hours.

I was going a month without changing or recharging on some occasions, with around 14 to 17 hours a week usage.