cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.htaccess PHP and new server

N/A

I was using simple PHP Gallery [http://relativelyabsolute.com/spg/]on the old CGI server.

I've moved my folders over to the new server and all I get is

The requested URL /cgi-bin2/cgiwrap/iangallery/sp_index.php was not found on this server.

the .htaccess file says .. [I know they have done something for these]

DirectoryIndex sp_index.php

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /iangallery/
RewriteRule ^folder/(.*) sp_index.php?dir=./$1
RewriteRule ^file/(.*) sp_index.php?file=./$1
RewriteRule ^thumb/(.*) sp_getthumb.php?source=$1

I've asked to find out waht has changed but they won't tell me and say post on here. So does anyone from here have ideas.

Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

I dont use rewritebase on my .htaccess, will it work without?
N/A

I've also been told to look here for helpl in sorting htaccess and protecting my site I've found on the new server that there is no protection on the .htaccess for php files and that is a design featureHuh

I've locked my new site down now as anyone could overide my admin pages!
N/A

unless you have given write access on the group for your files others cant override anything. They can read it by default (on the group) but as all scripts are run under the user's username there is no need to allow anyone else read access at all. I personally recommend 700 for all php files (i.e. you can overwrite them on FTP and they can be executed but no-one else can read them from their scripts).

Jarv
N/A

As you say in the security issue posting this is no good for admin.php pages as you wouldn't be able to use them over the web without loggin in to cshell and changing the perms. then quickly doing you admin the changing the perms. back. All that and only if you can login which you can't if your not on a F9 IP say at a conference, work, anywhere else!
N/A

see my post at this thread