cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display errors in php?

N/A

on our local servers error_reporting (E_ALL) will display all errors no worries,
however on lovely force9 servers one page loads halfway and stops and refuses to out put the php error codes, any ideas on how to get it to show the error?

many thanks

dave
3 REPLIES
N/A

hi all,

i eventually found a posting that confirmed that display errors is off, so i assume i cannot get the errors to show whatever i do. Force9 could have told me this, but hey there technical dept does not do cgi over the phone.

i solved my error in the end, i had an include file that was defintely being seen ok, but in order for f9 servers to see if i had to add $echo = ""; inside it to make it work, the include only had 3 functions in it and never have i had to add a dummy line of code to make an include work.

many thanks

dave
N/A

That seems an odd sort of reason for an error to me. The new CGI platform, due on Tuesday, sets display_errors to on from what I can tell, so that should be better.
N/A

Just as an aside, I have found it a good working practise to set up a local Apache/php/mysql setup with the same versions and setup (as far as I can tell) as Force9, one line change in a config file changes all settings from local development version to Force9 released version!

Any php code that works on my test system usualy works on Force9 cgi servers (with the exception of my game browser code which relied on uDP sockets which obviously I couldn't use, so I had to host it with a different ISP, http://www.c-22.org/phpInfMon/)!

The dummy line of code, makes no sense to me. And I'd be interested to know what the error message you got on your system was!

I have many include files on my sites (including ones with nothing but functions), I also use Smarty Template engine which took some effort getting to run on a relatively secure php/apache setup Wink

Smarty also has an incredibly useful debugging tool Cheesy