cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with domain configuration?

N/A

Okay, once again I have managed to mess up my domain configuration completely *sigh*. Would anybody like to help?
I have a domain, katwin.co.uk. I want katwin.co.uk and www.katwin.co.uk to point at my main webspace, and sites.katwin.co.uk to point at my cgi webspace. I have not only failed to set it up so that sites.katwin.co.uk works, I have also stopped katwin.co.uk from working without the www. subdomain.
This is a screenshot of my current domain configuration:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did read the tutorial, but was lost when it got to the 'criticalmass.plus.net' bit, as I didn't understand the relevance of this domain! Thank you.
3 REPLIES
N/A

criticalmass.plus.net isn't anything to do with Force9 - however, we don't have generic images for Force9.

IIRC the only thing you can point at the CGI server is cgi.domain.ext so sites.domain.ext won't work, anyway. You also need to contact Support to get them to set it up at their end as well, I believe.
N/A

Shouldnt it be an A record? arent CNAME records supposed to point to other A records?

Im quite new at this but that is what i understand. If your records were A records it should work....... i think the right field should be another DNS record if its a CNAME.

If im wrong please let me know!!

Dan
N/A

A records point to IP Addresses (for example cgi.force9.net points to 212.159.3.1)
CNAME records point to other hostnames (for example news.force9.net points to usenet.force9.net)