cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphics permissions

Superuser
Superuser

graphics permissions

Does anyone know what chmod is needed to make graphics work? We have a test script up on the ccgi platform and whilst I've finally fathomed how to make it work enough to get a stats page generating, the figures of the count won't display at all.

Same script used without *any* problems on the other cgi server. I'm assuming the graphics permissions need to change? Have always been at 744 previously.

If anyone has any insights this would be appreciated Smiley

Cheers, Penny.
Project HappyChild
http://www.happychild.org.uk
Penny Rollo * Force 9 from 17/02/98 * PlusNet from 2000 onwards
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
3 REPLIES
deepfatfrier
Grafter

graphics permissions

744 means that if the same user who owns the file is trying to run it, it'll think it's an executable. Changing the graphics to 644 would make more sense, as they're not executables. Smiley
N/A

graphics permissions

From what I remember, graphics will not display if ocated within the cgi-bin, they must be in a folder outside.

Regards

Mark
Superuser
Superuser

graphics permissions

<quote>744 means that if the same user who owns the file is trying to run it, it'll think it's an executable. Changing the graphics to 644 would make more sense, as they're not executables. </unquote>

Well I've tried this (but it didn't work). Don't know quite what an "executable" is but had assumed the individual graphics (1,2 etc.) would be called up as required by the counter script and thus fit into that category?

Re putting the graphics outside the cgi-bin, don't see the logic of this either - I don't know how the script calls on them but their present location "worked" on the other cgi server and it doesn't work on this one.

Have just noticed something rather odd - there is a fly_temp.txt file with no content (similar to the access log which also has no content when first uploaded) - however when one goes out of the directory and back to it again, the fly_temp file has disappeared from the right-hand side? Tried this more than once and it does the same thing every time.

We have 20+ counters monitoring different areas of the site so I really need to get this sorted! The only "difference" (seemingly) between the cgi address and the ccgi address seems to be that initial "c" - though I did identify that we are in "home1" now whereas previously we were just in "home". Changing *that* made the stats-view part of the count work, initially (before I posted here) but I am quietly at the end of my rope here as I don't know how to get the graphics to display and we are going to need to swap things over relatively soon!

I know the rest of you have been sorting things out earlier Smiley but I have a lot of other commitments (and not much spare time!) so this has got left perhaps longer than it should have. However I hadn't appreciated it would be *quite* so complicated because a perfectly-okay script should have transferred over without problems, one would have thought.

If anyone has any insights re the disappearing fly_temp.txt file perhaps this would solve the problem?

Best regards,

Penny.
Penny Rollo * Force 9 from 17/02/98 * PlusNet from 2000 onwards
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com