Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freecycle

tiddles
Grafter

freecycle

Freecycle

Somebody has introduced me to this scheme – follow the link to find out more!

Basically, it is a very green way to get rid of your unwanted household items – instead putting them out with the rubbish or taking them to the tip, you offer them up for collection to someone who happy to take the goods of your hands.

It is not a trading organisation and no money changes hands.

Do click on the site and have a read.

http://freecycle.org/
8 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

freecycle

Interesting!
Community Veteran

freecycle

Freecyle is a good idea in theory, but isn't it just encouraging people to drive round and use lots of fuel only to pick up some junk and be under the false belief they are helping the environment. That's my impression anyway, but if Im wrong please put me right!
tiddles
Grafter

freecycle

This is off-set by the people not driving to the tip or anywhere else to dipose of the goods. More fuel is used by driving to the tip and queing (leaving the engine running) than people driving round to your home to collect the goods.

And it means it saves stuff getting put in the the land-fill.

WE have a 1000 mwmbrs in my local area alone.
chrisco
Grafter

freecycle

But you're on the dark side of the moon! (Sorry couldn't resist that!) Cheesy Seriously, sounds like a good idea it's obviously a growing industry, not gonna let on to my other half though as we are fast resembling Steptoe's yard & according to him "we might need it one day" mmmmmmmm!
Community Veteran

freecycle

Then I suggest that you start posting stuff up on Freecycle.

I am sure that your husband will be more concerned by the mysterious visitors and thoughts that you are having an affair to realise that it’s all his chattels disappearing.

We are already signed up a few months back; I missed out of a rack server by a few minutes in the first week.

Chilly
N/A

freecycle

according to him "we might need it one day"

Fully endorse that comment. He is so right. You never know when that peice of junk will come in handy. Thats my excuse too Smiley
chrisco
Grafter

freecycle

I am sure that your husband will be more concerned by the mysterious visitors and thoughts that you are having an affair to realise that it’s all his chattels disappearing.
No, he'll be more concerned about his chattels, trust me!

Fully endorse that comment. He is so right. You never know when that peice of junk will come in handy.

Must be a man thing :roll: Thinking about that logically, how many times have you outed something only to find you needed that something later, as soon as 24 hours & damn it the dustbin men have been, there must be a scientific reason for that don't you think, law of probability commonly known as S**s Law!
N/A

freecycle

I have a huge server room, which contains one rack of servers, and piles of junk that "might come in one day"; PII's, PIII's, broken RAM sticks, a couple of 486's, some panel PC's, network switches with only a small number of working ports, power supplies, cooling fans, UPS's with batteries which won't hold charge, no end of setup and driver CD's which come with new PC's, must have a hundred 'kettle leads' knocking about too....

Thats just at work.. Wink

Guilty as charged y'r 'onour