cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forum design for website

N/A

forum design for website

I want to create a forum on my webspace for my mates who play guild wars and in my guild.

does anyone know about how to go about setting this up

is there any tutorials on it, etc, etc

thanks

*** now found some stuff to use but also created a thread on customer feedback regarding further info on setting up ***
7 REPLIES
N/A

forum design for website

I use YABB on my site http://www.yabbforum.com/, easy to set up and not a PHP forum. It doesn't yet have the capability to use a database though, I think it is being addressed in the next build.

Regards

Mark
N/A

forum design for website

cheers mark

i tried the toastforums one, but can't seem to get it to work

i'm not sure if need to wait for f9 to do something or not - or if i've put the files in correct place.

i can't check access for mysql database as f9 still have not emailed username/password and that's an hour ago now.

regards
mike

ps i'm going to download the one you mention, do i just put all files into my normal space on server or do i have to put anything anywhere else
N/A

forum design for website

Hi Mike

You will need to have the cgi space activated to make a forum work unless you use one of the "pre- fabricated" ones available. These are good but usually come with either restrictions or some sort of advertising. For full control, I feel it is always better to install your own. Once applying for the cgi account, I believe it takes 2- 3 days for it to be activated. Installation is relatively easy it is just ftp'ing files to the relevant space and chmoding them with a suitable ftp client.

I think the reason you couldn't get toastforums to work is that it is an asp (active server pages) application which F9 don't support.

Regards

Mark
N/A

forum design for website

thanks again mark

it's a shame about asp not working as could use sql

anyway i've downloaded the latest cgi stable version of yabbboard

hopefully will be able to set it up as i want, even though know nothing about pearl Smiley

but i know a bit about html

if i have any problems is it ok to send u a pm for help
N/A

forum design for website

Certainly, although it is a while siince I set up a forum on an F9 site Cheesy

Cheers

Mark
slev
Grafter

forum design for website

Hi

Have you tried phpbb ?

This is what runs this forum, but the latest releases have many more features.

http://www.phpbb.com/

Kind Regards

Ian
N/A

forum design for website

thanks mark

for all the help

its now up and operational

just a few more things to sort out

regards
mike