cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f A rce 9

N/A

f A rce 9

Installed OK connection no Radius server down.. waited 1hr logged on OK but cant get any response from the web, mail or NG's. Called Customer support (big Joke) logged the call @ 13:44 called them at 21:40 gave me two new DNS no's & hung up. Finally today at 12:14 they tell me its a problem with my RouterHuh?

I have a MB with an onboard Realtek LAN card & thier ADSL Conexant modem running W2k pro.....

Any body got any advise please.

Nigel
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: f A rce 9

Hi there,

We have identified that there is nothing wrong with the actual account at this end, we have managed to connect to the account with no problems from out test machines.

The problem must now lie either with your ADSL line or with the equipment at your end.

If you give us a call we can go through some alternative username and password combinations to attempt to discover where the problem lies.

Kind Regards,
Russell.
--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----
N/A

Thanks for the speedy response Russ. starting to restore my confidence.

I have just reformatted & installed an old PC with W98SE and installed “Your” modem, connected to your network and still nothing. I am using DNS 212.159.11.150 . So it would appear that the issue lies at your side to be resolved or as yu say the ASDL line.

Goin 4 a couple of beers now but will be in touch tomorrow.

Nigel
N/A

> Thanks for the speedy response Russ. starting to restore my confidence.
>
> I have just reformatted & installed an old PC with W98SE and installed “Your” modem, connected to your network and still nothing. I am using DNS 212.159.11.150 . So it would appear that the issue lies at your side to be resolved or as yu say the ASDL line.
>
> Goin 4 a couple of beers now but will be in touch tomorrow.
>
> Nigel
>

N/A

OK, Just tried the 0845 no and told waiting time in excess of 20 mins. Web stats state longest call waiting 47 mins!

Customer service is a joke. My tickets from yestyerday remain open and unanswered.

Email me a new user name and password to try.

If this issue is not resolved by this evening 31/8/02, I shall be cancelling my agreement with you and requesting a refund of ALL payments taken from me.

A colleague of mine set up a PIPEX account 2 days after I set this up with you and has been up and running foe 3 days now with now issues.
N/A

RE: f A rce 9 REPLY Ivan Ratoyevsky

> Installed OK connection no Radius server down.. waited 1hr logged on OK but cant get any response from the web, mail or NG's. Called Customer support (big Joke) logged the call @ 13:44 called them at 21:40 gave me two new DNS no's & hung up. Finally today at 12:14 they tell me its a problem with my RouterHuh?
>
> I have a MB with an onboard Realtek LAN card & thier ADSL Conexant modem running W2k pro.....
>
> Any body got any advise please.
>
> Nigel
>REPLY, Hi Nigel,
Have you checked to see that you have got the exact & most upto date drivers for the Realtex LAN card & Modem. In my experience these so called integrated NIC's are a pain to install & configure. Every time I have ever had any trouble with these devices its always always!! come back down to the exact driver. These things can be particularly picky & troublesome where drivers are concerned. Best Regards Ivan Ratoyevsky (sys admin cyteck).

--
N/A

RE: f A rce 9 REPLY Ivan Ratoyevsky

Hi Ivan,

Thanx 4 the advice however.....

I have taken the origional PC out of the loop. I have reformated the HDD on an old PC and reinstalled w98se and the problem persist's. F9 Tech has gone thru various BT log on's etc but still no joy.

I started a thread on uk.telecom.broadband which u might want to read.

Cheers anyway.

Nigel