cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#exec in shtml

N/A

#exec in shtml

I have #exec statements similar to this in several .shtml files on the new platform.

<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/coming.pl" -->

They worked on the old platform. How do I change them to work now?
17 REPLIES
N/A

#exec in shtml

Is there nobody else using Server Side Includes?

Support say they'll pick the problem up from the forum, but AFAICS it must be some setting of the server when an SHTML file is requested. It's delivering the raw file without running the SSI process.
N/A

#exec in shtml

It's been reported to support and the engineer is aware of it - it's because the system that proceses includes is not compiled into Apache.
N/A

#exec in shtml

This is getting beyond a joke F9 and rapidly becoming a farce. The new server has been running for two weeks now, this thread was started over a week ago and still nothing has been done to fix the SSI debacle :twisted: .

Somebody needs to pull their finger out, and quickly. :x
N/A

#exec in shtml

SSI is working now, and has been since 7PM on the 30th June as far as I can tell..
N/A

#exec in shtml

Not on my friend's site. The script which worked perfectly on the old server using the command <!--#include virtual="cgi-bin/guestbook/fpg.cgi" --> is not being parsed on the new server.

Mark
N/A

#exec in shtml

Yep, thats definetly not working. I suggest you raise a ticket stating that it works on the old platform and doesn't work on the new one and asking for it to be investigated...
N/A

#exec in shtml

Bob/ Dave, please take a look at ticket #16978150 on the username pubsinger. I have received the usual unhelpful "we do not support cgi" from CS even though I have been referring to a command which did work on crofters and no longer works on ccgi.

Thanks

Mark
N/A

#exec in shtml

You could try asking for it to be escalated to the network engineer responsible for the new platform as it is an operatnig difference between the old and new platform...
N/A

#exec in shtml

I am getting somewhere slowly, maybe, I think!!

http://ccgi.pubsinger.force9.co.uk/forum.shtml

This is one of the links not working. The script is being found, but it is not being executed correctly, although the scripts do work correctly when called individually.

Hmmm, only another 60 odd days to switch off, hope it is sorted by then :!:

Mark
N/A

#exec in shtml

On the 14th the following was added to the ticket:

Assigned : [internal] transfering your ticket to the correct pool to be actioned.

I know that networks don't work weekends, but when is this going to be sorted or even acknowledged as a problem? It is getting a bit beyond a joke now. Personally I think they should junk this new server and leave us with crofters, at least until ccgi is working correctly anyway!!

A bid thumbs down so far :twisted:

Mark
N/A

#exec in shtml

This farce just carries on getting worse. A quite well worded ticket on my friend's account (pubsinger) #16978150 states that the command <!--#include virtual="filename" --> works fine on crofters but wil not parse on the new ccgi. My response after being internally transferred to the correct pool?

"Make sure the file trying to call the script ends in shtml".

Doh :!: :!: :!: ReallyHuh If the answer were that simple, the SSI wouldn't have worked on crofters would it? The clues are in the question. As each answer to the ticket so far has come from a different person, do they actually read the whole ticket from the beginning before replying? Perhaps then they would be able to give a reasonable answer to the question of why when putting a new server online, they cannot programme it with the same functions of the previous one, thus p*ssing off their customers.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

#exec in shtml

Hi didit,

Apologies for the lacklustre response. Leave it with me and I will ensure it is looked at by the engineer primarily responsible for the CGI platform. I'll keep you informed via this thread but it will be unlikely that I will be able to get any movement before tommorrow.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

#exec in shtml

Thanks Bob.

Mark
N/A

#exec in shtml

I have solved this problem myself now. I used <!--#include virtual="filename" --> on crofters because none of the other methods worked for me.

While waiting and picking my nose (technical term) I decided to try and change the command to <!--#exec cgi="filename" --> and my SSI pages are working.

My question still remain though. Why did it work on crofters but not ccgi?

Mark