Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email to domain name

Trebor
Grafter

email to domain name

Hi

I was under the impression that anything addressed to robert @something.co.uk would automaticaly be diverted to my F9 email address robert@something.f9.co.uk for example.

My F9 website comes as my domain, is there some thing I need to do for this to happen.

Thanks

Robert
6 REPLIES
N/A

email to domain name

the doman/server B will need to have smtp authentication for smtp server A to send to it.
N/A

Re: email to domain name

I was under the impression that anything addressed to robert @something.co.uk would automaticaly be diverted to my F9 email address robert@something.f9.co.uk for example.

You need to make sure you have a mailbox set up called robert and then you need to configure your email client to collect it by placing username+robert in the account details.

Regards

Mark
Trebor
Grafter

You need to make sure you have a mailbox set up called robert and then you need to configure your email client to collect it by placing username+robert in the account details.

Regards

Mark

I did that, but anything with robert@something.co.uk gets returned but robert@something.f9.co.uk comes through

Thanks for your replies

Robert
Trebor
Grafter

Regards

Mark

I understood it to be that email would be automatically confiured as was the website I have, I've tried to contact tech suport by phone but the waing times are too long for me to be able to wait.

Thanks

Robert.
N/A

Domain Names & Email service Ivan

Hello Robert,

I have a domain name "cyteck.co.uk" which is hosted free of cost by force9 and it all works perfectly. My previous email address (my account catch all address) was ivan@cyteck.force9.co.uk however after the domain name was setup my email address automatically became ivan@cyteck.co.uk. Anyone who emailled by old email address was automatically send (forwarded) to my new domain name email address (either postmaster@cyteck.co.uk or ivan@cyteck.co.uk).

**NOTE: In other words you shouldnt have to change anything in terms of your old email address, it should automatically be forwarded from your old catch all F9 mail account to your new domain name email. BUT you must make sure that the DNS records for your domain name DO point to the correct Primary & Secondary DNS servers here at F9.

**You should be able to correctly configure the DNS IP's from the F9 portal, check your account details this should give you the IP's of the DNS servers and then goto manage my domain names section on the portal. Here you should be able to make sure the DNS address's are correct.

**If the domain name has been bought from a 3rd party company such as 123domains etc then you would need to contact the company you purchased your domain name from and ask them to ensure its pointed to F9 DNS servers. That should work and then you would need to change all your mail client/s to your new domain name, so in my case I had to change the mail account details to collect mail from my cyteck account & use the required password. Hope thats of help?

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
Trebor
Grafter

email to domain name

Thanks Cytek.

I did buy the domain through F9, I'll just pop off and check what you suggested.

Thanks again. Smiley