cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email help

N/A

email help

just joined plusnet from freeserve,after uninstalling freeserve,i set up outlook express for plusnet ,but i know i have emails i am unable to read on my old email adress with freeserve.
being a novice i now click on outlook express and it still shows "outlook express by freeserve" on it ,but the emails sent on my old email address are not being recieved any more, probably because i am connected via plusnet?
how do i get rid of the freeserve outlook express branding
how can i look at my old emails
when on plusnet how do i check my mail
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: email help

> just joined plusnet from freeserve,after uninstalling freeserve,i set up outlook express for plusnet ,but i know i have emails i am unable to read on my old email adress with freeserve.
> being a novice i now click on outlook express and it still shows "outlook express by freeserve" on it ,but the emails sent on my old email address are not being recieved any more, probably because i am connected via plusnet?
> 1.
> how do i get rid of the freeserve outlook express branding
> 2.
> how can i look at my old emails
> 3.
> when on plusnet how do i check my mail

Have you still got your Freeserve account? Which version of Outlook Express are you using? Did you want to configure Outlook Express to check both accounts? It is possible to do this regardless of which isp you've connected to at any particular time. Post here and I'll give you some instructions on how to configure Outlook Express. I know it's possibel to get rid of the Freeserve branding from Outlook and Internet Explorer but I'm not confident enough to post here as regards to how to do it.
N/A

> > just joined plusnet from freeserve,after uninstalling freeserve,i set up outlook express for plusnet ,but i know i have emails i am unable to read on my old email adress with freeserve.
> > being a novice i now click on outlook express and it still shows "outlook express by freeserve" on it ,but the emails sent on my old email address are not being recieved any more, probably because i am connected via plusnet?
> > 1.
> > how do i get rid of the freeserve outlook express branding
> > 2.
> > how can i look at my old emails
> > 3.
> > when on plusnet how do i check my mail
>
> Have you still got your Freeserve account? Which version of Outlook Express are you using? Did you want to configure Outlook Express to check both accounts? It is possible to do this regardless of which isp you've connected to at any particular time. Post here and I'll give you some instructions on how to configure Outlook Express. I know it's possibel to get rid of the Freeserve branding from Outlook and Internet Explorer but I'm not confident enough to post here as regards to how to do it.

N/A

> > just joined plusnet from freeserve,after uninstalling freeserve,i set up outlook express for plusnet ,but i know i have emails i am unable to read on my old email adress with freeserve.
> > being a novice i now click on outlook express and it still shows "outlook express by freeserve" on it ,but the emails sent on my old email address are not being recieved any more, probably because i am connected via plusnet?
> > 1.
> > how do i get rid of the freeserve outlook express branding
> > 2.
> > how can i look at my old emails
> > 3.
> > when on plusnet how do i check my mail
>
> Have you still got your Freeserve account? Which version of Outlook Express are you using? Did you want to configure Outlook Express to check both accounts? It is possible to do this regardless of which isp you've connected to at any particular time. Post here and I'll give you some instructions on how to configure Outlook Express. I know it's possibel to get rid of the Freeserve branding from Outlook and Internet Explorer but I'm not confident enough to post here as regards to how to do it.

tried to reconnect using original freeserve dialup number and no reply ,i have version 6 outlook express,did not know i could check old email account on plusnet connection, that would be ok cos i will eventually cancel it anyway ,when i inform individuals my new email address,has for the branding i can live with that as long it does not effect anything ,lastly do know how to check emails when on plusnet ? thanks
Brickinit
Grafter

> > > just joined plusnet from freeserve,after uninstalling freeserve,i set up outlook express for plusnet ,but i know i have emails i am unable to read on my old email adress with freeserve.
> > > being a novice i now click on outlook express and it still shows "outlook express by freeserve" on it ,but the emails sent on my old email address are not being recieved any more, probably because i am connected via plusnet?
> > > 1.
> > > how do i get rid of the freeserve outlook express branding
> > > 2.
> > > how can i look at my old emails
> > > 3.

john, if go to outlook express click tools/accounts put in a new account using your old freeserve details then make sure the box marked include this account when recieving mail or synconizing it will recive your old account at the same time as you collect your plusnet account.if you have not configured outlook express to collect your mail i think i'm right in saying that there is a wizard on the plusnet portal to do it for you

malc

:rollsmile:
> > > when on plusnet how do i check my mail
> >
> > Have you still got your Freeserve account? Which version of Outlook Express are you using? Did you want to configure Outlook Express to check both accounts? It is possible to do this regardless of which isp you've connected to at any particular time. Post here and I'll give you some instructions on how to configure Outlook Express. I know it's possibel to get rid of the Freeserve branding from Outlook and Internet Explorer but I'm not confident enough to post here as regards to how to do it.
>
> tried to reconnect using original freeserve dialup number and no reply ,i have version 6 outlook express,did not know i could check old email account on plusnet connection, that would be ok cos i will eventually cancel it anyway ,when i inform individuals my new email address,has for the branding i can live with that as long it does not effect anything ,lastly do know how to check emails when on plusnet ? thanks
>

N/A

There is indeed a wizzard on the Plusnet portal that will let you automatically configure OE to receive-send e-mail from Plusnet. If you need the server setting for Freeserve they are, for incomming mail; pop.freeserve.net and for outgoing, smtp.freeserve.net.
N/A

> There is indeed a wizzard on the Plusnet portal that will let you automatically configure OE to receive-send e-mail from Plusnet. If you need the server setting for Freeserve they are, for incomming mail; pop.freeserve.net and for outgoing, smtp.freeserve.net.
>
thanks all for help, recieving emails on old and new addresses at the moment although i will eventually just have the one .once again thanks for helping out.