cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dumb question

N/A

dumb question

im sure you will all laugh but when you reply to someone on these boards as i have just done, how do you not include the original text you are repling to Shockedops:
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

dumb question

Just click on the button. Clicking on the button will include the post you clicked the quote on in your reply.
N/A

dumb question

said it was dumb must be going blind :lol: no rude comments thank you :lol:
N/A

Asking questions

Hi,

Its good that you felt able to ask! Dont forget we are ALL users too & everyone of us here had to start some where. So I for one am glad to see and hear from beginners or new people. Even experienced users can often learn or be reminded of technical details not often asked about so thats a good thing too.

Best Regards Ivan

------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 19

dumb question

On a similar line, it would be good if there were a sticky post some where with the common TLA's (three-letter-abbreviations) explained. Some I can work out NP, but others confound me. LOL I thought was "Lot of Laughs" though this seems to fit in many posts, it don't fit them all!

Just goes to show that if we want to be clearly understood we should not use esoteric language.

Cheers,
Kevin
N/A

LOL?

Hi Kevin,

Humm!! I was under the illusion that LOL meant Laughs Out Loude or possibly can also mean List Of Links?? I guess it might depend upon the context though. Yes! some of these abreaviations do get abit obscure even for me. :lol:

**A common list might be useful??

Ivan
Community Veteran

dumb question

This list may be useful to those who find some of the acronyms puzzling.
N/A

dumb question

according to that site, STFU = Shut The Freak Up :lol: PMSL (oh, and that one is missing Tongue)
Community Veteran

dumb question

Yeh no doubt there are better sites but that was the first one I came across with a google search :roll:

Oh and by the way if your feeling let down that only 2 moderators wished you fare well then let me correct that and make it three Smiley
So from me I wish you all the best with your new ISP. Wink
N/A

dumb question

lol, cheers John Smiley