cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dreamweaver mx

N/A

dreamweaver mx

Has anyone managed to create database drive site using dreamweaver mx on force 9? If so any help you caould give me on how to do this would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance Stan
9 REPLIES
Sword
Grafter

RE: dreamweaver mx

I've used php to do the odd page with Dreamweaver, although ASP is my method of choice (obviously with a different host!). What do you have in mind? Let me know and I'll help if I can. Have you activated your database in the meantime?

Regards,
Sword

> Has anyone managed to create database drive site using dreamweaver mx on force 9? If so any help you caould give me on how to do this would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance Stan

N/A

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i'm used to dreamweaver mx and asp at work using a
different host, but i'd just like to use my f9 webspace
to create a database driven site (and also learn a bit of php).
I've tried to do this in the past unsuccesfully I just cant seem to get my
web pages to get information from my database.
I would just like to get a simple database and beable to build a web page
using dreamweaver that will show information from this database and maybe
let me edit it online.

If you know of an idiot proof step by step guide to do this that would be
fantastic!! Otherwise I'd be gratefull for any help you could give me. I
have activated my database.

regards
Stan
> I've used php to do the odd page with Dreamweaver, although ASP is my method of choice (obviously with a different host!). What do you have in mind? Let me know and I'll help if I can. Have you activated your database in the meantime?
>
> Regards,
> Sword
>
> > Has anyone managed to create database drive site using dreamweaver mx on force 9? If so any help you caould give me on how to do this would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance Stan
>
>

Sword
Grafter

Hi Stan,
As for a guide, try here: http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/DWMXandPHP/page1.html

The principle's exactly the same for php as it is for ASP in Dreamweaver; set up your database and connection (choosing php MySQL rather than ASP VBScript) and then create your recordsets. Drag them onto your page where necessary.

For a connection named phptest, the relevant details required for F9 in the Connection folder file are:

$hostname_phptest = "<MySQL Host>";
$database_phptest = "<username>_f9";
$username_phptest = "<username>";
$password_phptest = "<password>";

using the details given in your database activation e-mail.

Hope this helps. If not just ask some more.
Regards,
Sword
N/A

dreamweaver mx

Did you manage to get it working? I am also having issues.

I have tried to set up the connection to my DB in Dreamweaver rather than enter the connection string my self in the code. (I am more used to notepad for developing - and have decided to move to dreamweaver as a RAD tool) the problem is that dreamweaver fails it connection test after I have given it the appropriate parameters. I think it is the server location I am having issues with. I have simply given it a host name and I think it wants an ip adress.

If you have craked this bit I would be very grateful.

Thanks
N/A

dreamweaver mx

I've had the same problem. I used to use Frontpage but have recently started using MX. I raised a contact us ticket and the support guy doesn't think that you can connect to the SQL server in Dreamweaver.
If you do find out, please let me know though.

Wobbler
http://www.wobblersworld.co.uk

Cheesy
N/A

dreamweaver mx

<servername>.plus.net (where <servername> is either rumpus or humbug)
N/A

dreamweaver mx

I've tried humbug.plus.net and I get a message saying that "An FTP error occured - cannot make connection to host.
N/A

dreamweaver mx

humbug and rumpus are the mySQL server names - you shouldn't be trying to make FTP connections to them.
N/A

dreamweaver mx

It is dream weaver that attempts to make an FTP connection to the server for some strange reason. If it can not then it fails the connection string. I manually uplaoded the files rather than use the dreamweaver system. this meant manually coding the connection string.