Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade download and upgrade upload

zone8
Grafter

400k upload would be perfect Smiley

When this comes around to happening are we going to have to wait for BT togo into each exchange to upgrade us again ? that would be a pain.
18 REPLIES
N/A

Does anyone think this would benefit them .. even if it is just a minor upgrade on the upload speed, from 256 to say .. 384k ?

I am happy with a 1 meg download limit. A 1mbit/384kbit connection would suit me much better than a 2mbit/256kbit connection
N/A

When MaxDSL is released i think they are going to upgrade upload speeds to 480kbits (or something like that). Pretty sure its BT that is holding the upload speeds at 256k.
N/A

that would be great.

Means ill be able to host an 6 player game of UT2004 on my dedicated server without seeing any high latency issues Smiley
N/A

ahhh UT... Cheesy
N/A

Im not sure about sacreficing my download speed, but i sure as hell would pay atleast a tenner more a month for more upload speed.
N/A

From what I have heard it would happen when MaxDSL (i.e. the 8mbit BT service) is installed / released.
N/A

Could be a while then. :x
zone8
Grafter

yep sure will be. probly around next year same time we will see faster uploads
N/A

apparently we may see the light of 1MB upload in August!

i need that to host a HL2 RP Server! (12 ppl) its gotta be able to support people driving cars with no lag, i know someone who hosts a server that has a 4MB download and 1MB upload in america and his servers brilliant wth 12!
zone8
Grafter

lovely 1mbit its goiing to be tied to the 4mbit & 8mbit connections that though. Dont think F9 / Plusnet will have that for the 2mbit connections which is ashame. would be nice having better upload for the 2mbit connection though Smiley
N/A

What gets me is that, i can pop over to my mates house in stockholm, who has a 34mbit pipe to his house!!!

sweedes... not only do they have a funky language, but their internet connections rock too Smiley
zone8
Grafter

Wonder how long before we would see connections like that. I think its going to be awhile.
N/A

Well, im 29 now.. i rekon I wont see that until I am 35+
N/A

2-3 years max.