cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consumer rights

Brickinit
Grafter

consumer rights

do you have the same comsumer rights as a private consumer or a business consumer, as in the right to cancel an order. i was going to order a computer through work from Mesh, but it appears that in their terms and conditions you have different rights from one to the other, does anyone know how this works or am i reading this wrong.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

consumer rights

The `sale of goods act` and distance selling regulations do not cover business transactions.

The best place to ask your question would be on usenet in “uk.legal.moderated”

Chilly
Brickinit
Grafter

consumer rights

thanks chilly, sorted it, i wouldn't have been getting what it said in their ad, they wanted an extra £39, luckily punched the wrong card number in so it had not gone through even though i had recieved comfirmation of the order today.must be someone up there watching over me :shock:
Community Veteran

consumer rights

I have had the same thing, a friend asked me to recommend a PC for £500, and a MESH one looked good. But they added nearly £50 for delivery. And they are having to wait 3 weeks to get it.

Chilly
Brickinit
Grafter

consumer rights

i have dived into it a bit further and they seem to cut a lot of corners for their so-called "cheap" deals the pci-express MOBO on the one i looked at turns out to be a cut down version of an asus board,they call it the A8NE-FM, only 2 ddr slots 1pci-x slot the only way i found out was through a german forum as the ASUS site don't even list it as it must be just for cheap builds using a mini ATX MOBO
N/A

consumer rights

Happyhound,

Check out your nearest Fujitsu Seimens Business System reseller.

You should be able to pick up the X101 or X102 or Scaleo range from @ £330 ex vat with 3 year on site next business day warranty.

Ultra quiet and very stable with excellent backup and support.

If you werent so far away I'd sort one for you myself.

Check out http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/

End of sales pitch.
Brickinit
Grafter

consumer rights

thanks for that Mark, i'm really looking at pci- express with amd 939 so that i have a bit of an upgrade route looking to spend £800 - £900 you know Midi case full atx MOBO
Metalguru
Grafter

consumer rights

Hi People.

May I take this opportunity (now that this thread seems just about "sorted") to use the topic / theme, and get on my hobby-horse to plug one of my favorite subjects.

(And unlike pcsni I'm not trying to sell you anything). Smiley

We all know consumers have "rights".
Single fathers (and mothers) have "rights".
Children (and OAP's) have "rights".
Ethnic minorities (and white majorities) have "rights".
(It's just that some have more rights than others).
Even those on the Bad Boyz Pipe have rights.
(Well they had rights, they've probably all move on by now).

Anyway, everyone has rights. And everyone shouts about them (no criticism of happyhound intended) .

But this nanny state, in giving everyone rights, has neglected to remind people about their responsibilities.

For with one must come the other.

Have you ever heard of the European Court of Human Responsibilities Huh

Nah ...... Neither have I.

What about the Human Responsibilities Act .

Your thoughts most welcome.