Did you mean: 

connecting to adsl at startup/profiles

N/A

connecting to adsl at startup/profiles

Hi
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: connecting to adsl at startup/profiles

I have Windows 98 and use profiles so that each member of the family can access their own files and settings.

At the moment every time someone logs off and another person logs on they have to reconnect to ADSL and log-in to plusnet - a process that takes 2-3 minutes.

Does anyone know of a way of configure Windows so that it does the connection and AccessRunnder DSL when it first starts up and does not have to be reloaded each time someone logs in?
N/A

Simply it put it in the \win\allusers\startmenu\ startup or run it as a dos command

> I have Windows 98 and use profiles so that each member of the family can access their own files and settings.
>
> At the moment every time someone logs off and another person logs on they have to reconnect to ADSL and log-in to plusnet - a process that takes 2-3 minutes.
>
> Does anyone know of a way of configure Windows so that it does the connection and AccessRunnder DSL when it first starts up and does not have to be reloaded each time someone logs in?
>

N/A

I have just tried that and sadly it still means that it runs EACH Time someone logs in, instead of once BEFORE any person logs in. Any other suggestions?

Mark

> Simply it put it in the \win\allusers\startmenu\ startup or run it as a dos command
>
>
> > I have Windows 98 and use profiles so that each member of the family can access their own files and settings.
> >
> > At the moment every time someone logs off and another person logs on they have to reconnect to ADSL and log-in to plusnet - a process that takes 2-3 minutes.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a way of configure Windows so that it does the connection and AccessRunnder DSL when it first starts up and does not have to be reloaded each time someone logs in?
> >
>
>

N/A

You could put it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

but its just the same as doing it in the startmenu the only diffrence is it may load earlier on. It should only take seconds to load and connect and by the time you are fully loaded it should be ready.

putting it in the win.ini is another option but again it just when it load

> I have just tried that and sadly it still means that it runs EACH Time someone logs in, instead of once BEFORE any person logs in. Any other suggestions?
>
> Mark
>
> > Simply it put it in the \win\allusers\startmenu\ startup or run it as a dos command
> >
> >
> > > I have Windows 98 and use profiles so that each member of the family can access their own files and settings.
> > >
> > > At the moment every time someone logs off and another person logs on they have to reconnect to ADSL and log-in to plusnet - a process that takes 2-3 minutes.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a way of configure Windows so that it does the connection and AccessRunnder DSL when it first starts up and does not have to be reloaded each time someone logs in?
> > >
> >
> >
>
>