cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused?

Howell
Grafter

confused?

I currently have the package 'Force9 Broadband Home Lite 2Mb with included 4GB bandwidth' and are paying £18.99 per month.

Without the 4GB bandwidth I could just be paying £14.99!!!

Now what I would like to know is what benefits would I receive (if any) if I was to change my account to a 'premier'
3 REPLIES
N/A

confused?

Hello nuttynovas,

I'm guessing here? but I suspect the package your on now is an old one by F9 PlusNet standards. If you did change and moved to F9 Premier 2Meg service the biggest difference would be the amount of bandwidth you could utilise each month under the F9 fair or sustainable usage policy.

**I had previously ADSL self install 512K service and upgraded to Premier 2Megs and I am very happy with what I have. Under premier the amount of bandwidth per month is said to be an allowence of around 10Gig's after this traffic management and shaping start to kick in. But this is well documented here on the portal if you look through the ADSL help pages & explains it well.

**I pay £21.99 by DD each month, and its a monthly contract.

Ivan
N/A

confused?

The accountyou have is basically a BB PAYG account. The current PAYG account only has 1GB included for £14.99, additonal usage is charged at up to £1.25 per GB. BB+ is also £14.99 but you are unable (as much as F9 may argue differently) to use binary usenet or p2p applications, plus your account will be throttled if you use more than 5GB (new introduction).

The £21.99 account gives you more GB but is also throttled if you go over the limits for the account, not sure what they are but they are on the forum somewhere.

The main thing with PAYG accounts is that everything is unthrottled due to the fact you are "paying as you go". Personally I think you are better where you are unless you usage says you need to be looking at another account.

Regards

Mark

Mark
Howell
Grafter

confused?

okay thanks guys thats cleared things up a little. Cheesy