cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close the thread when the item sold in sale forum

N/A

can someone do somethings abt it..when the item/s is sold..why not close the dame thread..wasting time to view it . Cool

:roll: gosh !
7 REPLIES
N/A

Point us to the threads in question, and we will do this.

Can I ask how much free time you get to activly monitor such forums, just to do this?
N/A

i hv plenty...LOL...but some are very old.
Community Veteran

I believe the policy is not to close threads, no matter how old they are unless there are very good reasons to do so (duplicates, bad language etc). As far as the for sale threads are concerned it is really up to the seller to indicate if it's been sold or not.
N/A

Although, that said, Thomas has just closed his For Sale threads when the items were sold - see here Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

suggestion then, in that specific section give the Author of the thread, the access to close it
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

PhpBB does not have the facility to adjust member capabilities on an individual thread basis. The minimum is on a forum basis.
Community Veteran

It looks like this thread requires an answer from a moderator, so I'll all give you one. Wink

Basically, the For Sale forum is the only forum on this site where we are happy to lock threads. We decided it would be good practise some time ago to lock threads when items sell, so that is what we now do, though do bear in mind that we can't check each and every thread! If we are private messaged by the owner of a For Sale thread, with a request to close it, we will of course do so.

Peter is along the right lines as far as closing threads elsewhere in the forums are concerned... duplicates or normally just removed, and bad language is normally just censored. Threads are normally locked only if there is a valid reason to remove the thread (i.e. flame war, which has happened once or twice), yet the thread contains useful information (i.e. not just flames). In which case, as I say, it will not be removed, but locked instead.

Thomas