cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

christmas effect on wi-fi speed

nogginthenog
Grafter

since putting up christmas tree and lights etc. the effect on my wi-fi has been remarkable! been on max since May with no discernable speed difference than a 2meg stable-ish line.But since the decorations have gone up, low and behold i sometimes get a 6 meg connection!!! :lol:

Merry christmas to all
at plusnet
11 REPLIES
N/A

I take it this means that your lights are going to stay up all year round now then Cheesy
Community Veteran

Welcome to the forums Mr Duck.

Can I point you to the forum rules about avatar size; Shockedops:
Oversize avatars and signatures:
The limits for Avatar sizes are stated at the foot of the "Profile" page where you set up the Avatar. At this time the limits on these forums are 80 x 80 pixels and a maximum file size of 10K
Signatures should be similarly treated and if image based then try and adhere to a size similar to that of the Avatar rules.
Text based signatures should be no more than 4 lines of text.

In general oversized signatures are annoying and can sometimes be larger than the message in the post.
Avatars that are oversized will be removed and signatures that are obviously too large will be treated similarly.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35201

Chilly
N/A

Beat you to it chilly Wink lol
N/A

I've heard of xmas decs doing the reverse but not IMPROVING speeds lol
N/A

what is wrong with you people, dont you have anything better to do with yourselfs, a simple message to change it and I would of got it sorted, I didnt need private messages and messages in here plus having it deleted.
I would suggest the pair of you go out side and get a life
N/A

mrduckuk,

The messsage in here was from Chilly as a friendly pointer to you. There should be no need to groan about it to be honest.

As for my PM to you and the removal of the avatar, this is what I do as a Forum Moderator. If it had been only a slight bit larger then yes I would have left it for you to sort out, as it was it was seriously huge and breaking the format of the forum.

By all means if you feel I have done wrong then contact one of the other Moderators and file a complaint.

Regards,
N/A

To be honest I dont really care what you have done, I just think that you could just of said that it needed sorting and given me the chance to do it rather than making a fuss about nothing, Anyway its done and finished now so thats the end of it, In future I will know what I can have and what I cant
Community Veteran

I am sorry Mr Duck if I offended you, that was certainly not my intention. As Tom said it was intended as a "friendly pointer".

So lets smile and make up.

Chilly
N/A

Its ok Chilly
Theres no hard feelings.
Im all smiles again
It was just that I am a big boy and quite able to sort out these things for myself without a lot of fuss and just felt a simple nudge to get it sorted would of been enough.
Anyway as I said before its all over and done with now, I have sorted out my avatar 80 by 75 pixels and 1.6kb

Oh and sorry lilley
for hijacking your post it was not my intention to, I was only trying as a simple question.
nogginthenog
Grafter

life with no avatar,christmas lights on, a beer and a smoke and a decent broadband connection. its making you jealous? you hate me right?

never mind it's christmas after all!
N/A

yup :twisted: