Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change hosts

N/A

change hosts

I am still trying
I now have the prob
My old host has changed the tags and the dns servers because he says that is how the new one picks it up and that my files are auto deleted from his system
My new provider says that they need my files to copy into my web space or I suppose I could upload them
I dont have a copy
My designer dosnt have a copy he Huh!!!
and my old provider says they are deleted
I sugested doing a new home page with my domain name and also new other pages?
My new provider says that would be 2 websites with the same name which I carnt have
Can anyone understand all this and help me out as its been over 2 weeks now and I am going from one too the other I dont know who is correct
Cheers
Pam :confused:
7 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: change hosts

Pam ..

What i think might have happened is that your first host might of changed the dns to your new hosts if they have (check via a whois check) then your old host will not have anything else to do with you. So he will not have any thing held on his HD such as webpages.

And yes you will need to upload all your files again to your new host...

If you do not have a copy, your web designer does not have a copy and your hosts do not have a copy then you will have to make them again...

Hope this helps..

cUnDaLl
--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

> Pam ..
>
> What i think might have happened is that your first host might of changed the dns to your new hosts if they have (check via a whois check) then your old host will not have anything else to do with you. So he will not have any thing held on his HD such as webpages.
>
> And yes you will need to upload all your files again to your new host...
>
> If you do not have a copy, your web designer does not have a copy and your hosts do not have a copy then you will have to make them again...
>
> Hope this helps..
>
> cUnDaLl
>
> --
> 1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar
>
> Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
>
Thankyou
I think you have hit the nail on the head
I have a store and that is hosted somewhere different so that has been unchanged so it is a matter of connecting a few front pages to it
I am going to do that myself from now on I feel if you are a designer of someone elses site then you should have a copy its only professional also I feel the old provider should have warned me what would happen as I didnt know
The main prob was in the begining as soon as he knew I was changing he parked my site for 2 weeks before he changed the dns. So no one could get at it to copy it and he wouldnt put it back for them to do which again I feel is unprofessional
Anyway I am sorted now thanks for listening to me moan
Pam
N/A

Is any of your content still visable on the web?

If so save all content and then upload
chino
Grafter

No there will not be, if you read above it states that it has been parked for 2 weeks there for there would be nothing.

The only way to get anything would be to see if she had it on her pc as in, in the history of IE ect.

cUnDaLl
N/A

> No there will not be, if you read above it states that it has been parked for 2 weeks there for there would be nothing.
>
> The only way to get anything would be to see if she had it on her pc as in, in the history of IE ect.
>
> cUnDaLl
Hi Your are spot on
I did have the history in IE and I could copy the HTML but I still needed the pictures which I couldnt get even some of the words he had done as a GIF
CHEERS PAM

chino
Grafter

Well if you need a hand with making any pictures? logo's or any general help with your website for no charge i will help you ....

I would do this as i am a student and i enjoy making websites & generally helping people... Smiley

cUnDaLl
N/A

> Well if you need a hand with making any pictures? logo's or any general help with your website for no charge i will help you ....
>
> I would do this as i am a student and i enjoy making websites & generally helping people... Smiley
>
> cUnDaLl

Cool!!! as you students say
Thankyou very much
Pam