cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cgi under my homepage...

N/A

cgi under my homepage...

I have a problem now, I would really like it to point to /cgi/myphpstuff rather then cgi.username.f9.bla bla bla bla bla blablaaaa (yes you can see how annoid I am) so that my "super" javascript code that dynamically alter the size of the iframe to make it fit without a scroll bar could work (as currently it compaints that I don't have permission to access a website content thet is on onether web site... dam!)

is that possible with a DNS entry that f9 can do for you, so that in my web page I can have a /cgi/myphpstuff linkHuh

and second question, does anyone know if a google bot will follow the link to the php content so that people can do searches (like for php forum software) will it do that!? PLease help, have a look at the web site if you like www.genio.f9.co.uk
2 REPLIES
N/A

cgi under my homepage...

Sounds to me like your easiest option would be to host your entire website on the CGI server, rather than splitting it between the "homepages" and "CGI" servers.

I believe, through Contact us, you can get support to change DNS settings so references to your regular web address (www.genio.force9.co.uk) will refer to the CGI machine rather than homepages. If you have your own domain name, you can definitely do that kind of thing; I believe it's also true if you use force9's domain name (as shown).
N/A

cgi under my homepage...

I would rather not do that, is there not a way to create a simbolic link between my cgi directory and the cgi directory on the cgi server?

I will however try to put the entire forum pages (inluding templates) within the cgi server, it will not hurt I am sure Smiley

what about google bots searching the forum pages, how can I make it do that, do you know?