cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get php/mysql website portals to work :( HELP NEEDED

N/A

cant get php/mysql website portals to work :( HELP NEEDED

hi guys

first off im not Judith im her son Richard Smiley.

Anyway i cant seem to get php/mysql website portals to install on my F9 cgi webspace. I've tried installing both PHP Nuke and Post nuke amongst others. I keep getting unable to create database on the Post Nuke installer. Ive chmodded all the files as instructed. It also says access denied : user@blgh does not have access to this database.

Im not going into much depth about the exact errors as there are loads and im not sure if the f9 space supports the portals at all anyway.

I've tried for hours to get these things working. Has anyone else got one of these working? I can get the simple scripts and test pages working just not the portals.

help please

Richard
7 REPLIES
Sword
Grafter

RE: cant get php/mysql website portals to work :( HELP NEEDE

Richard,

I've got a 7.13 PostNuke CMS working fine on my F9 CGI space. IIRC, you can create the database manually using the sql file supplied if the automatic install is giving problems.
If you have phpmyadmin installed you can use that to create it and check that everything's OK.

E-mail me if you're still having problems.
Regards,
Simon

> hi guys
>
> first off im not Judith im her son Richard Smiley.
>
> Anyway i cant seem to get php/mysql website portals to install on my F9 cgi webspace. I've tried installing both PHP Nuke and Post nuke amongst others. I keep getting unable to create database on the Post Nuke installer. Ive chmodded all the files as instructed. It also says access denied : user@blgh does not have access to this database.
>
> Im not going into much depth about the exact errors as there are loads and im not sure if the f9 space supports the portals at all anyway.
>
> I've tried for hours to get these things working. Has anyone else got one of these working? I can get the simple scripts and test pages working just not the portals.
>
> help please
>
> Richard

N/A

ok thanx for the quick reply Smiley

I will have a go tonight i do have phpmyadmin installed on my space but im not sure how to use it Sad.

what exactly do i need to do to install the sql file manually.

you help is most appreciated thanx alot Smiley

Richard

> Richard,
>
> I've got a 7.13 PostNuke CMS working fine on my F9 CGI space. IIRC, you can create the database manually using the sql file supplied if the automatic install is giving problems.
> If you have phpmyadmin installed you can use that to create it and check that everything's OK.
>
> E-mail me if you're still having problems.
> Regards,
> Simon

N/A

> what exactly do i need to do to install the sql file manually.

Basically just use the run query from file option in phpMyAdmin. Its quite annoying that Force 9 don't trust us enough to do certain db operations. (You'll also notice you can't drop a table via phpMyAdmin or via command line mysql, instead you have to use F9s cranky long-winded mysql manager)

N/A

hi again

thanx for your help

I used phpmyadmin and did the run the query from file option but i got the following error Sad

Error

SQL-query :

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS nuke_autolinks

MySQL said:

Access denied for user: 'theconeys@crofters.force9.net' to database 'theconeys_f9'

any suggestions as to whats going on? this is driving me crazy .

please help

Richard

> Basically just use the run query from file option in phpMyAdmin. Its quite annoying that Force 9 don't trust us enough to do certain db operations. (You'll also notice you can't drop a table via phpMyAdmin or via command line mysql, instead you have to use F9s cranky long-winded mysql manager)
>
>

N/A

As I said basically force9 doesn't allow DROP queries to be run. I did raise the question why about four months ago here and got no response. However the code you listed was an if exists statement. So if you check (via phpmyadmin) that the tables don't already exist, you can remove the DROP queries from the .sql file and then run the installer again.

The only other thing I noticed was that it listed your user name @crofters.force9.net. The last time I did anything with dbs on crofters (around four months ago, before I gave up and got another hosting supplier), the database server was in fact rumpus.plus.net.
N/A

It might be a stupid suggestion (working in support for a living you have to ask the obvious) but have you set up your mysql db from the force9 control panel....

If I remember correctly the mysql db is not setup by default, you have to enable it..... Force9 then creates the database and sends you the server details (whether it's humbug.plus.net or rumpus.plus.net) , a user name and a password...

If of course you already know this.... just ignore me :-)
N/A

Hi again

thans for all your suggestions Smiley

I eventually managed to get an older version of post nuke to work (version 7.12). The newer versions would not work because F9 wouldnt allow the drop table command Sad. So it seems all along that it was F9s fault Tongue. Or mine for not noticing Smiley

thanx for your help

Richard