cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera digital

N/A

camera digital

Hi
I have a hp photosmart 945, I have brought a lenes adapter, and brought a telephoto x2, the lenes adapter is 43 mm can you use any lenes on it i.e differant makes the adapter is a tiffen,
and does anyone know what a polarised lens does and how does it affect picture, I can only take jpeg type not raw, it is a 5meg ( not imploded)
thanks for any info
3 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

camera digital

Polarised lenses filter out light waves that oscillate in a particular direction. So, for example, light reflected from snow has most of its waves going from side to side. A polarising filter turned the right way round will remove much of this glare. Also good for reflections from wet roads etc. They can also accentuate contrast across wide skies and landscapes.

I'm not familiar with the HP camera and the adaptor - someone will know.
N/A

camera digital

sorry for delay to thankyou but thanks, that will help me to get the jest of it Wink
Denzil
Grafter

camera digital

OK, understand the adaptor now - it gives you a 43mm thread on the front of the lens which is a standard size for filters. There is a huge choice of filters available from coloured filters and polarisers to special effects (multifaceted lenses for multiple images). I don't think there is much in the way of lenses (as opposed to filters) that will fit the 43mm thread, as it is fitting in front of the standard lens rather than replacing it. You mentioned Tiffen - try here for a start.

http://www.tiffen.com/products.html?tablename=tiffenaccessories

I would suggest finding a book on 35mm photography. It will tell you about composition and stuff which is equally relevant to digital, and also have lots of pictures to show you the effects of things like filters. A few real photos and diagrams will make it much clearer!